Chapter 37

Overview : This chapter will blow another BOOOM BA BOOM BOOM for this story. An unexpected and yet confusing feeling which left Nina into some itsy beeetsy trouble. Read to find out!

Quote for this Chap :
No doubt love is confusing. Love is stressful. But in the end it's the most sacred and exciting thing you will ever experience. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Holy Cow!!! Oh my--- I seriously---” Meg wasn’t even half way done speaking, I don’t even know if she was speaking at all for she was already squealing on top of her lungs with joy while ignoring the glares and stares she gets from the people around us

She gasp for both of my hands and locked them around hers.

“Im so happy for you, Nina. As in! Pero bakit ngayon mo lang sinabi? You’ve been engage for almost a week now pero ngayon mo lang sinabi!”

“It’s not my fault if you’ve been ditching your own apartment and it felt like you move in with Patrick!”

She rolled her eyes and immediately change the subject
“I knew he’s so into you but I never expected him to pop the questions right away.”

“I know what you exactly mean by that, Meg” I said and took a sip on my lemon ice tea. I could still recall how things happen too swiftly on my favor. I smiled remembering what happen the other night

“and to say that I was surprise is another understatement. He just .. took off his shirt,turn around and then a tattoo saying ‘will you marry me?’ .. don’t you think it’s unusual?”

“None sense! I find it very cute and not every guy has a sense to tattoo something as bold as that across their back. Imagine, when you’ll have little Nina or little Iñigo running around and the moment they’ll see that thing on their Daddy’s back diba parang cute yun cuz he’ll retell everything to them?. I could even picture it out on my head. Sweet!”

“Nuknukan ka naman ng excited, Meg. ‘Di pa nga ako kasal, Anak agad ang pinagsasabe?” I chuckled but deep down inside me, Im trying to access my mind if I ever im ready for such thing. Afterall, it’s only a matter of time right?

“Hay nako! It’s not like hindi din kayo darating sa point na yun ---And the ring is gorgeous. He has good taste, ya’know and It looks like it could cost half of my year salary” She added complimenting the engagement ring around my left ring finger

The ring has a breathtaking antique floral solitaire which features floral detailing on a knife edge ring, with a swirl design allowing more light to enter the center diamond

“It looked like it cost too much but you know, it fit perfectly fine on my left ring finger as if he already knew my size beforehand” I said while admiring it myself

Meg and I decided to quenched our sweet tooth at Dairy Queen, Glorietta 4. It used to be our favorite pass time during college. We always order our favorite here---the Banana Split, because it has 3 toppings on it and a mouth watering taste the will ooze your hunger of sweet. It has always been so delicious and so sweet that makes a good dessert for a lunch meal.

“Meg, Antagal mo naman yata..” I said as I knock the door impatiently. Meg has been inside the cubicle for quite a little while now and it bothers me a little. What takes her so long?

“Nina?” She said from inside
“Yeah?” I peered my ear nearer to the door and hear her long but totally aggravated sigh

“May .. Ano—Hay! I can’t believe I’m flustered about this thing but UGH!—may napkin ka bang dala?”

I tried to tone down and hold my laughter but I clearly am a sucker for doing that. I chuckled loudly while I scan for a napkin inside my bag. I ignored those other girls giving me that non-comical look on their faces

pfft! the nerve!

“Thanks, Nina” She said after getting out of the cubicle and immediately went to the sink and wash her hands

I just wash her from the mirror and a thought right away hit me. I frown .. thinking as hard as I could, I didn’t even notice Meg was already looking at me confuse

“What are you frowning at?”
 “Anong araw na ngayon, Meg?” I asked while her brows ceased thinking very hard on what day it was

“It’s second day of April, Why’d you ask?” She curiously peered her right brow at me and show her phone back to her bag

I really wanted to calm down but my breath caught me on my throat. I couldn’t even tell it straight and I started stammering ..

“I--- I--.. I think—I’ve missed.. I think I’ve missed my period for weeks now”

Her mouth fell open as her eyes went wide “Don’t tell me you’re--?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were the longest five minutes of my life. I had set the test on the corner of the sink, letting the test go through its process.

At first, I thought that I could stand the five minutes. It was only five minutes, wasn't it? But when one minute passed by (which I felt like ten), I stood up and started to pace. 

Pacing, however, got tiresome, and instead, I decided to get away from the bathroom and put on some music in hopes to distract my self. I wouldn't allow myself to think about Iñigo's reaction, when I wasn't certain my self if I was pregnant or not.

 Weren't women supposed to know these things though? Shouldn't maternal instinct kick in around the time of conception? I haven't felt all that different. In fact, pregnancy was the last thing on my mind, but now that I thought about, I didn't remember having my period in the past couple of days. was it even days?! or was it .. weeks now?

Crap. CRAAAAAAP!!!

Maybe we should have been more careful, use condoms when we decided to have sex. But it was only after we were engaged that we stopped using that precaution, and I rarely if ever missed a day of birth control.

  I was always careful to take my pills every day at the same time. Have I gotten sloppy? Have I gotten careless?

I couldn't remember. Damn it all, I couldn't remember.

I suddenly stopped the train of thoughts and tried my very best to process it all. I looked back at Meg who was watching my every moment

She gave me an encouraging smile, tried to say something to me but immediately diverted her eyes and shut it. I turn mg gazes to the adjacent bathroom door at our apartment reached for the knob

“Five minutes had been up, right?” I glanced back at Meg who just nodded at me

 With shaky fingers, I turn the knob, slid inside the bathroom and shut it behind me.. Then I grabbed the test from the sink and looked down at the results before a vertical line embedded itself between my two brows.

I pushed my bottom lip out and clenched my jaw, slowly averting my eyes over to the results section on the box. When I returned my eyes to the test, I sighed in frustration through my nose.

The result I have didn't seem to match up to those that the box showed. For a moment, I wasn't sure whether to feel scared or relieved, so I managed to feel both at the same time.

Now what?

Instructions. Instructions, of course! I quickly reopened the box and managed to grab the tiny paper before yanking it out. My eyes skimmed over the words, and only stopped when I found the pictures and their captions, stating what they meant. After mere seconds, I have the answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(a/n: *INSERT HORROR SOUND HERE* DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! so what do you girls think about it? is she popping out a baby very soon? or its a whole bunch of false alarm??)