In The Dark

Janelle's POV

We are all having a bowling tournament in the rec center and the girls and I are beating the boys 56 to 28. We we're also watching the Olympics as we wait our turn.

There was breaking news report on the TV. We all turned our heads to the screen and faced the reporter.

"For all the people at the Alpine Valley Ski Resort, we finally have some good news for you! There is a rescue team on their way to the houses and will be arriving in helicopters. These helicopters will be there at approximately-"

The report was cut by the screen turning off. The lights in the room turned off suddenly, and everything was pitch black. Yvonne POV

" Wait, what's going on? We never heard when they're coming to rescue us!"I yelled to no one in particular. I felt a hand on my arm.

Jessica: Yvonne? This you?

Yvonne: Yeah it's me. Jessica?

Jessica: Yep it's me. You guys okay?

Everyone: Yeah!

Alex: We need to find a source of power. Everybody just-just feel your way around. 

We all did as she said. I finally felt something that I'm sure is a box. I carefully lifted up the flaps and reaches inside. I took one of the items out and something that seemed like a switch flicked on. Rays of light appeared in front of me.

Yvonne: Hey guys! I found flashlights!

Everybody hurried over and I gave each a flashlight. 

Jessica: Guys?

Jessica sounded far away. 

Kelly: Over hear. Where are you?

Kelly moved his flashlight in the direction of Jessica's voice. Just as he did so, we saw that she was at the top of the stairs.

Dustin: Jess, try not to-

But it was too late. Jessica tripped on the first step. She shrieked as she started to tumble down the steps and landed at the bottom on her stomach.

******************************************

This is more of a filler chapter but we will be posting more throughout the week.