{1} somewhere in another time

/Juliet Rose/
Its the year 1988, to started my day by taking my vintage blue and yellow bike speeding down my neighborhood, looking and admiring the neighbors yards and nicely planted flowers in their property . We; (my grandparents and I) lived in a nice suburban town, with country clubs and tennis courts and restaurants where at one time were grade A party destinations, altogether we lived in a "normal" area. Now those once marvelous places young people went off to to escape parents and problems and go have fun, no it's been turned into a tea parlor and the only young people around my age live on the other side of town; about a 10 minute drive. Like I said I lived with my grandparents and they picked a neighborhood where most people were middle age or were elderly and had no children living with them. I didn't have any companions on my block or in my town that I knew well enough to befriend. I go to a school that I live 30 minutes away from so all of my friends live pretty far away from me. The kids that live on the other side of town are, well, "different" at least compared to us. They still drive old 1979 Beatles and listen flower child music. They are more laid back than we are, longer hair, long sun dresses, loud music. When we drive through there on rare occasions I can see kids and adults hanging outside drinking lemonade and dancing and swimming in ponds they live by. They are all around just cool people. I've never made good friends with anyone from there though, it's not that I don't want to it's that I aren't allowed. My grandmother and grandfather are very conservative people, with my grandfather being a county judge he has some sort of image to uphold I guess. They tell me that those kids are burnouts, no good, hippies. Honestly I really didn't care, maybe I even wanted some friends that weren't far and that I could walk right to. Like I said I was cruising on my bike and I completely miss my turn to go down the right alley-way to get back to my house. there's cars coming the other side of the street so I can't turn back to go on the alley so I have to ride on my sidewalk of the road which will take about 10 minutes or so before my next option comes up to go home on. Before I know it I'm driving through my one destination I'm not supposed to go on the other side of town, there's no way I can turn off so I'll drive though it. As I'm riding my bike I notice my wheels feel funny, they start shifting and turning until they go flat, I thought really you have one job to get those tires fixed. I park my bike next to a little tree and I sit down and look at the tires, me not knowing a single thing on how to fix virtually anything I had no idea on this to fix it. People drove by and offered to help but they were declined from me being shy, prideful, and nervous; I just sat and leaned on the tree.

Somebody seemed to be looking at me, a beautiful boy with blonde hair

Somebody seemed to be looking at me, a beautiful boy with blonde hair. And the brightest mist electric blue eyes you have ever seen I realized that he also noticed I was sort of staring to. He took of his glasses and started to walk over. I averted my eyes back to my bike and looked at my watch pretending I was looking at something else. He didn't seem to walk away so I looked to see if he was still coming my way