Ladies don't play guitar

After I got home from my time with River, I looked at the clock and it read "7:15" which meant I'm basically home alone for a while; might as well catch up on some reading and listen to some music. I wondered what River would say if he knew I thought he was cute, or that I liked his eyes, or that I found him fascinating? He probably wouldn't like me or my eyes or find me fascinating in return. There's the girls from his area who don't have curfews and can stay out as late with him as they want to. I wonder if he likes any of them. I went to my window and looked at the stars that seemed to go on forever and that made me think of  how we were reading about outer space in school and I think people are like space sometimes, space never ends; people never end, there's different types of people and nothing seems the same with them; space can be dangerous and uninviting. As people are, but space can be beautiful and breathtaking as people are too, thinking that I couldn't help to think of the beautiful boy with the breathtaking eyes that brought me such a good day;
River.
____________________________________

When I woke up my alarm clock read 10:26 I had an orange juice and a granola bar waiting for me in the kitchen, I'm not normally a breakfast person, unless it's Sundays. I skipped down the stairs happily excited about seeing River play guitar tonight. Of course I had to lie about where I was going this afternoon, and I certainly couldn't go if it was a boy I liked, especially a boy from Birch lane. I finished my small breakfast and went up to my Grandma, "hey grandma can I go to the library to study with Caroline? I'll be there for a long time cause we might go for lunch after?" She nodded and said I could go but she asked if she could drop me off, I said sure because I can easily walk to the place River was playing at from there. This plan would work perfectly except when Carrie comes over next weekend and Grandma asks how our study date went Carrie won't know how to reply. I called Carrie, "hey carrie it's me, how are ya?" "Good Juliet how about you?" "Oh I'm fine just wondering if you could cover for me and when my grandma asks you next weekend If we went to the library can you say we did?" "Okay Juliet Rose Solomon tell me who your seeing and I will" "Carrie you wouldn't know him" "Try me Rose I might" "He's from Birch Lane" "oh my GOD no you Did not" she said laughing, "Is he cute?" "Yeah he is" "then tell me who?!" She said prying it out of me, "okay but promise me you WON'T tell anyone okay?" "Cross my heart" she's my best friend, I trusted her. She's the most reliable person I know, "okay, River Phoenix" "Oh my God! He's that cute kid you told me about from the record store, okay ill cover for you" "thank you so much Carrie, bye" "see ya Juliet, bye"
____________________________________

     When I got there I was just in time he was up on stage and when he saw me I immediately smiled as did he; "hello my names River Phoenix and I'm gonna play some Rolling Stones for ya tonight" I was happy that's my favorite band, he played and ...

When I got there I was just in time he was up on stage and when he saw me I immediately smiled as did he; "hello my names River Phoenix and I'm gonna play some Rolling Stones for ya tonight" I was happy that's my favorite band, he played and sung the song "she's like a rainbow" I absolutely was mesmerized by his voice and his playing, I couldn't stop smiling. He played as if he was born to make others feel something; happiness, was the thing the radiated off of him. When it was over he ran up to me and I gave him a hug as everyone clapped for him. I whispered in his ear "amazing job, I love that song, I think you sing it better than the Stones" he whispered back, "I thought you were gonna miss it, I'm really glad you came, and I've heard you sing it before riding your bike, like an angel I may add" "Oh thank you Mr. River Phoenix" I said laughing and smirking at him. "Hey Juliet you wanna go out and go to this place I like?" He said strolling out with me, "I don't know, more descriptive please?" "A place with good music and they wear sunflowers in their hair" "I'm in" I said. If I wasn't already blushing enough; he took my fingers; wrapped them around his and walked with me hand in hand.