Out of my league

"All the things I believe, you were just the right kind. Yeah, you were more than just a dream"
___________________________________
After we got out from the lake we first of all had to get dried off and I was really fun because we just sat in sun-chairs and drank ice tea while we picked what songs we wanted to hum along to. And when we were pretty much in need of sun tan lotion we knew we were pretty much dried off. He went and got our clothes and brought them back. Once we were dressed again we told the rest of his friends goodbye. I got a wink and a couple of whistles leaving the place, receiving a tight arm around my waist from River; seeing him jealous was cute.

After that we had talked and talked for weeks and it was now leaving the May flowers and getting use to the hot weather of June. River and I have done so many things like hiking, picnicking, going to see movies, going to cafés, shopping, we even went on a little road trip; not a big one though because my grandparents still haven't met River yet. I was scared for them to but have brought the idea up Riv, as much as he wanted to, he declined because he was afraid for them to think he was like the other boys from his area. I loved him and he loved me; that was obvious but we haven't said it yet though. He didn't want to lose me he said. That's what he thought would happen if I introduced him to my grandparents. You may wonder why I keep saying grandparents and not parents. That is a topic I can't really get into without getting said/depressed. I kept begging River to meet them and even though I'm sure they'd be skeptical at first I'm sure they would come to realize this is who I really enjoy being around. "You're too young" "you don't know what love is" they would tell me if I brought up the subject, that's true I didn't know but I do and have experienced love these past few weeks. I would do anything to keep River in my life and the same goes for me when it comes to him. I have seen love not work out before. Not with me but with two people who I thought it would never happen to.

I started off my day with a note on my dresser from my grandma,
"getting my hair done today and going to do a lot of summer shopping won't be back until around 7 your grandfather is driving me he won't be home until I get home, have a nice day and I have your breakfast in the fridge just heat it up- love Grandma"
I was kinda glad they were out of town today, I haven't seen Riv in about 4 days but when you see someone everyday you grow to miss them when that schedule is interrupted. I walked down stairs and heated up the bagel and cream cheese grandma left for me and I poured myself some orange juice I found in the fridge. When I finished and after I put my dish in the sink I picked up the phone and called River's house, "hello" I said, "Hi I'm Leaf, Who is this?" He said he sounded a little bit younger then me, "Hey Leaf, I'm Juliette; River's friend. Do you think I can talk to him?" I asked, "Yeah sure I remember Your name cause my brother talks about you, I'll get him, hold on" he put down the phone and I could hear him yell RIVER ITS JULIETTE ON THE PHONE SHE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU- I heard running down stairs in his house and then Riv picked up the phone, "hey Juliette missed you, sorry about my brother, did he say anything embarrassing?" I laughed a little bit, his little brother seemed sweet, "Oh no he's fine, he said his name was leaf?" I told River "Oh his real name is Joaquin but he liked the name leaf and wants to be called that now so that's what we call him" he said laughing into the phone, "well your family all has pretty cool names, I called to ask if you wanted to go somewhere, I don't know really where you could just pick me up and we can decide on the way?" I asked him, "yeah sure I can be down in like 5 mins but I have an idea of where we can go" he said into the phone; I was kinda excited he always has fun things planned, "where?" I asked curiously, "bring a swimsuit and good CD's okay?" He said, I could already see him smirking into the phone, "okay" I said smirking into my hand.