I'm Not Afraid, I Know Who I Married

Eliza had woken up to Alexander working at his desk she sighed but she saw Alexander turn towards her Alexander walked over to her and sat on their bed "morning" Alexander said grabbing Eliza hands and kissing Eliza smiled at him "Angelica and your father left a little bit ago" Alexander said Eliza nodded "that is why i'm awake and well got a letter from burr daughter and well she finally heard about Philip and she felt so upset about what happened because that was her friend that..." Alexander looked down "i-i could have stopped him" Alexander said Eliza looked at him Alexander grabbed her hands again Eliza looked up Alexander looked at her and smiled "but i'm not afraid, i know who i married and i'm happy to be by your side" Alexander said smiling Eliza smiled back at him laying her head against his shoulder "Alexander" Eliza said Alexander nodded "thank you for everything" Eliza said Alexander looked at her "i could have done it without you" Alexander said Eliza looked at him Alexander looked at her worried Eliza looked at him "it wasn't your fault at all you just thought echor would be responsible enough to understand more about things" Eliza said looking at Alexander Alexander looked at her "you're right" Alexander said looking at the ground "Alex-" but before Eliza could finish Alexander had walked out and walked out of their house Eliza watched him sighing. Alexander had walked to Philip's grave looking at it "we miss you" Alexander said looking at the grave he had heard somebody walking he turned around and saw Burr standing their "Alexander" Burr said looking at him Alexander angrier was raising but he knew he didn't need any of the stress from Burr "i'm sorry about your son Alexander i didn't know you lost him all i knew was he was either hurt or-" but before Burr could finish Alexander turned around seeing Eliza standing their with flowers in her hands wearing her black dress Alexander looked at her tears going down his remembering what happened between them they just keep between them two "Eliza" Alexander said standing up walking over to her Eliza looked at Alexander and smiled "nice to see you Eliza" Burr said Eliza turned around and looked at Burr with a blank face "Aaron" Eliza said Alexander looked at her worried "i'm sorry to hear about your son" Burr said shaking his head looking at the ground "funny how you say all this almost taking Alexander from me" Eliza said turning towards her son's grave placing the flowers by the grave "of course your cheating husband says that" Burr said Alexander looked at Burr angered Eliza stood up walked over to Burr "i know what he did and he regrets what he did-" Burr turned his back towards Alexander and Eliza "i'm happy you lost your son" Burr said laughing Eliza walked over to Burr Burr turned around and was slapped by Eliza "YOU SAY THAT AGAIN I WILL DEAL WITH YOU PERSONALLY BURR" Eliza said Alexander walked over to Eliza held out his hand for her Eliza her arms around Alexander arm laying her head on his shoulder Alexander looked at Burr "just to worn you don't mess with the Hamiltons or Schuyler's" Alexander said looking at Burr Burr looked at Alexander "you're funny Alexander" Burr said Eliza looked up and let go "Eliza" Alexander said as Eliza walked over to Burr "so you choose a real man huh Eliza" Burr said grabbing Eliza hand Eliza took her hand back "actually Alexander more of man you will ever be, i love him with all my heart and i never regret one minute of being with him" Eliza said looking back at Alexander Alexander looked at her and smiled Eliza smiled back at Alexander "but what until the next time he does what he did before" Burr said looking at Eliza Eliza and Alexander looked at Burr Eliza sighed and started walking towards Burr "Burr i used to trust you since you and your family was friends with my family but i don't believe that your the Burr that was my friend" Eliza said Burr walked closer to Eliza slapping her Alexander had lost it he ran over to Burr and pulled out the gun he carried with him just for his and Eliza safety "YOU DO NOT TOUCH HER YOU BASTARD" Alexander said Eliza looked at Alexander "Alexander..." Eliza said Alexander walked in front of Eliza Burr walked closer Alexander kept the gun pointed at Burr "come closer Burr i dare you Burr" Alexander said Burr had grabbed the gun hitting Alexander in his head Alexander was worried since everything was going black last thing he heard was Eliza screaming. Alexander had woken up he saw he was in their bed Alexander looked around not seeing Eliza but the door had opened Alexander sat up seeing Eliza standing their with a rag in her hand and a bowl Eliza dropped both the rag and the bowl running over to Alexander hugging him Alexander hugged her back "i-i thought i lost you when Burr hit you" Eliza said fixing her hair Alexander knew something wasn't right Alexander pushed Eliza hair out of her face Eliza looked down when Alexander had seen the bruises on her face "Eliza... did he do this to you after he knocked me out" Alexander said rubbing his thumb against Eliza cheek Eliza looked at him "i... tried to protect you..." Eliza said looking at the ground Alexander grabbed Eliza face "Eliza you did everything you could and i know you did and you protecting me... you are the best wife i could ask for" Alexander said smiling at Eliza Eliza smiled back "i promise i'll do something anything you want to well repay for what you did for me Eliza i promise Eliza i promise" Alexander said looking at Eliza Eliza looked at him "can... can i help you with your work" Eliza said looking at Alexander Alexander took Eliza hands smiling "yes, yes you can" Alexander said smiling Eliza smiled back at Alexander laying her head against Alexander shoulder falling asleep.