Part Thirteen

Quick AN: I've got a new story coming out, Seven Brothers, One Guardian, and I'd appreciate your guys' feedback! Regardless, thanks for reading Babies For The Billionaire, I hope you enjoy this ending!

~Birdy

They’d sent me home that night. Of course I’d protested and threatened he hospital with my wealthy power, but they wouldn’t budge, and I’d been forced to return to my overly large house without Areila by my side. After all these months, I’d come to realized that she brightened the place, she made it a home for the both of us. With her beautiful scent in every room, her small touches of furniture and décor about the place. Thanks to her, the kitchen always smells like home cooked food. But over these last couple of days without Ari here, it’d somehow returned to its original, shadowy, spacious, and masculine bachelor pad. Even the babies’ nursery didn’t seem the same any more.

I climbed the stairs slowly, entered our bedroom quietly, climbed into bed emotionlessly. I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to sleep, just like all the other previous nights, but only moments after I set my head on my pillow and brought Areila’s to my nose to breath in her scent, I was consumed by the darkness of sleep.

__________________

I was startled awake by the insistent ringing of my cell phone still tucked in my pocket. I answered it, suddenly alert.

“Hello?”

“Yes, is there a Rafaello Geovani at this number?” The voice on the other end asked.

“Speaking.” I replied as I threw my covers off my jean clad legs.

“Hi, I’m calling to tell you that your wife, Areila Geovani, is currently being moved to the O.R. to deliver her infants via C-section--”

“What?!” My heart ceased thudding in my chest and my blood ran cold. Ari. Surgery. The babies. Premature birth. 

This was all because of him. 

“Sir, I need you to come down the hospital as soon as you can. Mrs. Geovani is fine, the babies are the main concern at the moment considering they’ll be more than a month premature.”

I barely heard the woman’s words as I shoved my feet into my shoes and grabbed my jacket. I’d message Owen and Val to meet me at the hospital.

______________

“Where’s my wife?” I demanded to know as soon as I walked up to the front desk. Owen hopped up from the chair he’d been sitting in, obviously getting her before me, and grabbed my arm.

“Rafe--”

“Sir, you need to calm down and sign in before I can tell you anything,” The overly plump woman said.

I tried to jerk from Owen’s grasp, but he wouldn’t budge.