Chapter 10

I looked into his eyes just as our lips were about to touch and I jeered back. He had a fiancée. Though he was the father of my baby, he was to be married to someone else.
"I can't do this" i said, my voice surprisngly calm. "You're engaged and i wouldn't want that to happen to me if i were in her shoes. I put JJ whose already asleep back in his crib and i put Alexis back in hers. She's sound asleep and i have to keep my voice in a whisper as so not to wake her. I motioned for Jason to follow me outside to the living room. "You can come anytime and visit them but we have to keep this professional" i tell him with all seriousness. He nods and i escort him outside. Once he's safely in his car i close the door, locking it and slide down to the floor and rest my head against the door.

 Jason's pov:
I grip my steering wheel tight and increase the speed. I curse under my breath for the millionth time since i left Mikay's place. I headed over to my penthouse and Maya was there. 
"Hey baby" she said with a large smile on her face.
"Hi Maya" i told her back. "Is there anything to eat?" i asked. Her smile turnt into a frown. "You know i don't cook anything apart from breakfast and that's just eggs. But we have some leftover chinese if you want." I sighed and made my way over to the kitchen. The kitchen that hadn't been used in more than a year. I head over to the fridge and take out the leftover and keep it in the microwave. As the food heats up, I remember all the delicious homemade meaks Kay used to make for me. I really miss homecooked meals. I snap out of thought when the microwave dings and sit at the counter for another day of leftover.
*******************
The next day i head over to my office to see kay in the waiting room along with the twins. My eyes brighten up and i head over to them. I motion for them to come to my office. I wait for Kay to settle down and i say hello to my kids. Alexis immediately stretches for me and i pick her up and nuzzle her neck and she squeals. Music to my ears. I can't help but smile and i hear Kay's sharp intake of breath. I snap out of my mood and focus on her.
"Kay what a suprise. What can i do for you?" i asked. She shifted restlessly in her seat before saying. "Thanksgiving is coming up and i was wondering if you'd like to come over to Ode's place for dinner tomorrow." 
"Sure that'd be great. Is it okay if i come with Maya to meet the twins?But I'm totally okay if you say no. I just don't like Maya asking too many questions."  At the mention of inviting Maya i hardly see the dissapointment in her eyes. But its there.
"Sure. This day was to come evdntually" she says and she gets up to leave. I kiss Lexi on her cheek and blace her back in the stroller and give Jason Jr. a tickle making him smile with delight. I walk them out and call Maya who wasn't to enthusiatic about meeting loud babies but she wanted to go.

***********

At seven p.m Maya and I are standing at the front door of Ode and Blake's house. I knock and Blake comes to open the door. "Welcome guys". He leads us to the dining area where the room is set to perfection. There were lit candles and everything. Ode went all out. I hand over the chamange i was holding to Bake and he puts it away. I am immediately wrapped by the smell of homemade food and my mouth waters. I follow the smell to see Kay in the kitchen with her ipod in her ears cooking. She loves to dance when she cooks. I remember her telling me about the times her grandmother would always play soft music when they cook together . I leaned over the counter and i couldn't help but look stare at Kay's ass in her shorts.
"Such a lovely view isnt it" i jumped at Ode's voice.
"You scared me" i told her.
"C'mon Jase. Just end it with Maya and follow the one you love. The mother of your children" she adviced. I turned to look at Kay and i couldn't stop looking at her.
"There are some things that i have to do not for my own pleasure. You have no idea how badly it's killing me not to be with her. You have no idea how much i miss her" I told Ode my voice cracking at the end. I saw wet in her eyes. I embrace her and she murmured "Everything would work out fine" into my chest. We leave the kitchen quietly and head over to the living room. We all lounge there for some few minutes, while Kay cooks and she calls us when the food is ready. We head over to the dining table and see Roast Turkey ,Cheese Grits and Corn Pudding, Roasted Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline , Green Beans with Bacon and dinner rolls. I'm stunned. I look at Kay and she rushes out of the dining room and comes back holding mashed potato salad and puts it at a corner of the very filled table.  

We all compliment her and she blushes scarlet. She rushes up to her room to get ready and i see that Maya too is nowhere to be found. She probably went to the bathroom. i sit on the table and help myself to a huge portion of food. As i'm almost done i realise Maya isn't back but i see her walk down the stairs and sit beside me with a smug smile. Kay follows and her eyes are red as if she'd been crying. We have dinner but Kay is quiet. When she gets up to take a walk i follow her but not too obviously. 
"Kay wait up" i tell her. She stops and turns around. "Were you crying?" I ask.
"No" she snaps. I'm taken aback.
"Kay is something wrong?" I ask.
"Why did you tell Maya that I intentionally got pregnant because of your money. Why did you lie all the time we were together? Why did you lie about the feelings you had for me?" . I stare at her with utter confusion. The tears are streaming down her face now. "Maya told me everything. You just wanted to get into my pants like all the other manwhores out there. You're a sick bustard. " I look at her now with disappointment. " how could you believe that. Why did you believe that. If all she said was true then why did I waste my time apologising to you when I could have easily brushed you off. I'm so disappointed you'd belive something like that. Kay very disappointed." I ended on a whisper. She goes from angry to regretful in a second. She tries to talk but I cut her off. " if you didn't want me to be involved in the lives of the kids you should have talked to me about it." With that I walked off leaving Kay crying trying to get my attention....

Hey people I'm sorry the update look so long. But hey its longer.
Like
Comment
Fan