Chapter 17

Mikaylas pov
I can't believe Chris could've been so stupid. Getting Maya pregnant really? This is so shitty. I don't even know whether I should tell Jason. I call Ode, Blakes wife. We haven't spoken in such a long time.
"Hey ode. girl, I have too much to say"

"it's Blake actually How are you?" I am stunned. My eyes are the size of saucers now I'm sure.

'Umm.. hello? Kay? You there?' I snap of my trans.
"I'm good"
"And the twins?"
"they're perfectly fine"
" what about you Blake? What's up with you? "
" Well Ode and I had the baby"
"that's fantastic, congratulations." I feel like a shitty friend right now coming to Ode with my problems when she's had a baby.

"yh it is. I also got promoted to head of my unit at the fire station"

"wow. Good for you "
"but apart from that. Nothing else really. What about you?"
"nothing really. The kids are a mayhem" we both give an awkward laugh
'Oh yeah you called Ode's phone. Do you need to talk to her?'
'Oh no no no I was just calling to say hi. That's all and you check up'
'Oh that's good of you'
He tells me he needs to head out and we say our goodbyes.
I decide to clean the house while the kids are asleep. After I'm done I feed both of them and we all gather up in the living room. I hear my phone ring and pick it up to see an unknown number.
"hello?"
"Mikayla hey its Ode."
"hey girl. I need your he-, You changed your number?What's up?" 

"uh, yeah, its for a work thing, don't worry. Now spill"
I say everything to Ode about about the whole Chris situation into detail and she gives me dead silence
"that is a lot to take in. Don't worry. We'll figure something out.
"I'm having a party for my baby and I want you to come. You're an experienced mother and I really do need your advice"
"Blake didn't tell me about any party when we talked just now but yeah sure I'll be there. What time?"
"Today at 2pm and sorry about Blake, he might have forgotten"
"i just have to get a babysitter for the kids and ill be there"
"great see you then. And bring treats."I smile at that. Ode and her sweet tooth "I have to go. Rosie is crying"
 We say our goodbyes and i don't know what to do. I tried talking to Chris but he doesn't pick up my calls.

Since I have a lot of time I decide to make a chocolate cake or maybe two to send. As I preheat the oven I hear the twins playing. If you don't hear any noise from your kids then there's a problem. I contemplate on what to do about the whole Chris thing and I'm very worried
. I don't know how long I can keep it from Jason. I call the babysitter and she agreed to be here by one thirty. I decide to get ready. I wear a loose maxi dress and put on light makeup. I package the cakes and the babysitter arrives. I head out and over to Odes place. I knock on the door and I see Chris behind it.