Betrayal

I ONLY JUST THANKED OU GUYS FOR 500, AND NOW I HAVE 600?!?!?! What the flip!? Thanks SO much!!

I had stayed at Declan's palace for three days, he had decided to take the time this evening to explain the 'feud'. I hate the fact that I am a pawn in this entire thing, to be perfectly honest its extremely frustrating.

I stand up deciding that its time to go to dinner and talk to Declan, I exit the guest bedroom and walk down the hallway towards the dining room. Every night since when I came I have eaten dinner alone in the massive dining hall, well alone excluding the maids and butlers scurrying around almost aimlessly.

I turn the corner in through the gigantic engraved mahogany doors that I've noticed depict scenes of banquets from hundreds of years ago. Whispering hints of what life was like for royalty back in those days, where wars waged frequently and death was a minor thing, soldiers only represented by a number.

I pass the walls which are painted with scenes, scenes that confuse the frick out of me. I realised what the door's ones meant, but the walls continue to bug me.

I look up from the ground to notice that, seated at the head of the table is my mate. I sit next to the head of the table, before looking down and staring at my food. "A pawn?" I mutter quietly to him, knowing that he can hear me, even though a human wouldn't have been able to.

"Yes...I guess I should explain this to you..." he starts, "my great-grandfather met his mate when he was sixteen, she was too. But this girl that he was mated with was apart of pack, Half Moon," the names strikes a nerve in my memory, Louisa's pack?, "Half moon was at a war with Silver Moon. Now-being his mates-pack my great-grandfather was responsible for protecting it."

He stands up and walks over to one of the massive wall painting that takes up an entire long wall in this room the size of a ballroom, to the point where it is almost life size. He points to it, "Eventually a war came to be..." he pauses, "the girl was killed and her body stolen by the Silver Moon, they burnt the body and forged a silver sword from her ashes."

I examine the painting, in the middle of it is a young girl lying on the ground, her blood pooling around her, a hole in her chest where her heart should be. A man is stood over her, half shifted into his wolf, he looks like the embodiment of evil with blood dripping from his elongated claws, his canines extended as he howls. To the right of the dead girl is a boy, his arm outstretched in desperation as he tries to run to his mate. But instead is frozen on the wall, on the left of his chest a hole is also painted but not in normal colours instead the hole is drawn in gold. Showing the fact that the boys heart has just been ripped out metaphorically. Surrounding the main three people are men and woman fighting each other savagely, like their only purpose in life was to kill. The entire painting drawn in extreme detail.

"Dark," I mumble, as I stand up and walk over to it, running my hands over the girl's face, somehow she looks familiar.

"Indeed," Declan sighs, "they have that sword mounted on the wall as a 'trophy'."

I gasp in realisation, connecting the dots, I pull out my phone and stare in shock.

"Declan.."I breathe.

He furrows his brow before walking over and dropping his jaw.

The resemblance between this girl and Louisa is uncanny, with the same honey blonde hair, high cheekbones, defined yet soft jawline, plump pink lips, dark eyelashes and somehow perfectly shaped dark eyebrows.

"Thats why the sword smelt familiar!" I yell, startling myself, "Because Louisa is my best friend! I know what she smells like and clearly she is somehow related to that girl. They have the same blood!"

"I need to meet her. She is identical to Maria, if Lance sees her...I don't know what he'll do, but I can assure you that it won't be good."

I dial her number, on the third ring she picks up, "Clara, you dumb bitch! I've been trying to contact you for days now!" he voice clearly speaks from the other side of the line.

Declan growls a bit from her language, "no time to talk, you're going to be escorted here by guards, they're on their way."

"Wha-?" I cut her off by hanging up.

"I didn't give you permission to use my guards," Declan says with an eyebrow raised.

"In case you haven't noticed, I am the Queen-to-be, I have authority," I state, allowing a little bit of attitude in my voice.

OH MY GOOOODDDNESSSSS!!!! This chapter is really short, but I just thought you needed and update!!! The net chapter will be longer, I promise!