Cause

I take a deep breathe as Leya makes the first move, quickly running behind me and jumping onto my back, as I try to swing her off me, she bites into my shoulder, but not that deeply.

I let out a squeal of pain before pushing her off me and slashing her stomach with my elongated claws, she whimpers in pain before quickly regaining her composure and circling me like prey.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Pandora and Amanda fighting, it looks like Pandora has the upper hand.

Pandora latches down on Amanda's right arm with her razor sharp teeth and shakes her head roughly, ripping the bone from its socket (sorry!). Amanda screams in pain and Leya's attention shoots her way, I take this as an opportunity to attack.

I run up and grab her back latching on to it, blood pours from the wound, I got pretty deep. I rip my claws along her jet black fur, more blood.

She whimpers and growls at the same time, she recovers a bit slower than last time and is breathing really heavily.

Leya runs up catching me slightly off guard and bites into my hip, I feel her teeth grind into my hip bone painfully.

She lets go and I notice the amount of blood on her snout. Thats a lot.

I hear a thump to my left and see a pile of white fur on the ground, its chest still rising and falling.

"Pandora!" I scream as I fall to the ground shortly after, I guess Pandora being weakened a lot weakens me also.

Leya jumps on me and scratches at my chest, much like how Declan did when he turned on me after finding out I killed someone.

Amanda walks over, she is covered in tons of blood, just by smelling it I can tell most of it is hers. She holds up a hand signalling for Leya to stop, she reluctantly does as she is told. I lie on my back while my head faces Pandora making sure that she is still breathing.

"So, Clara, its come down to this. Of course it would have been the very person I trusted with something important to me - to our family - would be the one to betray us all," she stares down at me, tears fill my eyes and I attempt to blink them away, to no avail, they silently fall on the stone floor, I lift my head to face her. Still in too much pain to be able to sit up.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Now you're crying. What? You want my mercy? You want a second chance at fulfilling my request? You want another chance to be considered a hero amongst you family and its future generations?" She laughs sarcastically, "well you're not getting anymore chances to fuck everything up."

"What do you mean, 'future generations'? Declan's my only chance at that, and you hate him," I raise an eyebrow at her, before getting a coughing fit and coughing blood up.

"Not exactly, you're a lycan which means you have the ability to choose a new mate, thats what Claude did with me," she says, "but you won't be able to even consider another mate, because...well, I'm going to kill you soon."

My eyes widen and more tears fall, I love you Declan, I whisper in my head, although I'm unsure if anyone is listening.

Amanda starts laughing evilly and I shut my eyes tightly. I wait as Amanda's laugh taunts me.

I hear a crunch but the blow never comes, I open one eye, I see Pandora standing over the body of Amanda, which is now lifeless.

Leya howls and runs off into the darkness surrounding the battlefield.

Pandora bounds over to me, her tail wagging happily, she is quite proud of herself after what she did.

I chuckle a little, but stop when searing pain erupts at my abdomen. I scream, out and Pandora whimpers, the pain stops suddenly all pain. I lift up my shirt to reveal just my normal stomach, I guess I got healed?

Kamaria walks into my line of vision, she is smiling happily, "I knew you would win," she proudly says.

"Then why'd you make me do it?!" Clara whines confused.

"Well, I didn't know, but I had a gut feeling I guess," she smiles but then looks over at Amanda's body, "It was about time she finally died for real."

"What about Leya?" I ask.

"She's probably going to try and run for a while, but soon she'll really feel the pain of her other half dying."

I try to stand up, using Pandora to help me gain balance.

"What now? Do I go back and help Declan fight Lance?" she smiled.

"Yes, but be careful, he's probably going to be a lot more protective of you now," she chuckled.

"Thank you," I replied mirroring her genuine smile.

Light flashes across my vision and the next thing I see is darkness.

***

I bolt upright breathing heavily, sweat beads down my face from the sudden movement.

I see Declan bolt out of his seat next to the hospital bed and in a flash he is by my side leaning over me.

"I thought I lost you," he admits.

"Nah, I'm still here, I'll always be here," I smile at him, feeling happy.

"What happened? Where did you go? Who was there?" He asks a lot of questions at once.

"Well it was this really dark place and I was told by the Moon Goddess to fight Amanda and her wolf, Leya, to the death," I say, getting flashbacks of the scene over in my head, "If it weren't for Pandora I would have been toast."

"But you won right?"

"I'm here aren't I?"

"What happened while I was gone?" I ask looking around the room, no one else was here although I could hear distant shouting.

"Well we decided to infiltrate the palace, where they were healing, after they had retreated," he started, "we have Lance imprisoned and most of his warriors killed, except those who escaped and became rogues, but there were only a few who were able to get past us. They were vastly outnumbered and had no chance."

"Can I talk with Lance?" I ask.

Declan's expression turns to steel, he looks as if he is arguing wiht his wolf, his eyes gloss over while he mind links someone.

He takes in a deep breathe, "yes, he's in the dungeon in the middle of the woods."

It takes me a little while to actually find the stone steps that lead to the underground dungeon, but once I do, I get chills down my spine.

The guards nod over to the cell on the far right. I slowly walk over cautiously.

I face the guy that has caused so much trouble within the kingdom, his head is hung low while he's hand cuffed to the stone wall.

He looks up wiht hatred in his eyes, "hello Clara."

YAYAYAYAY THANKYOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!

Im almost at 4k reads!!

Remember to vote and comment!

p.s I just started my holiday break, so hopefully I'll be able to paste more often.

xx, heather