Covens

*UNEDITED*

"A Lycan?" I ask, I turn to Declan, he has paled considerably.

"Don't you know?" Claude asks, I turn back to face him, he furrows his brow, "how old do you think I am?"

I raise one eyebrow, "like...seventy?"

"Higher," he says in a tone that's asking me to guess again.

"Eighty?"

"Higher."

"You don't look above seventy."

"That's because I'm an ancient Lycan," he replies calmy. "I'm more along the lines of 800 years old."

I raise both eyebrows, "800..." I mumble.

"Claude Luca," Declan mumbles, I face him, he stares at the ground, I can practically see the gears turning in his eyes, "no one knew you had any children."

"I did," Claude starts, "I chose Amanda as a mate, and had you're mother," he says facing me.

"She didn't inherit my Lycan powers because Amanda was quite weak," he begins, "but when she mated with your father, who is the most powerful, Alphas. The Lycan in you became stronger."

"But I haven't got a wolf?" I say dumbfounded. Me, a lycan? Heck, I barely know what a lycan is.

"You're destined to live hundreds of years, of course your wolf might take longer to develop."

"I can't... my lycan, I've noticed her lately...." This gets me wondering about Leya. How come I never got a chance to say no to her plan?

"You can, any day now...you lycan will be out! You'll be a full lycan."

"No, I can't!" I yell, I face Declan, "I can't keep this secret from you anymore," I mumble, am I really about to compromise Leya and Amanda's plan?

"What?" His face turning stone cold serious.

"You can't freak out, at least, freak out internally. And, make sure that I finish."

"Yes, juts tell me."

"A couple months ago, I was thrown into a lake. Sacra in Lacum. Then, um, I drowned," I looks up from the loose thread on the sofa, I notice his jaw clench, while Claude is observing quietly. "That was the lake where...."

"Amanda was discarded," Claude says, his face cold and emotionless.

"Well, yes. Anyway, when I woke up, I had been cursed by Amanda, she had even 'Given' me her wolf Leya. All because she wanted revenge, for her death. The curse, had overwhelmed me, tricking me into thinking that it was the right thing to do."

"I then killed two people. I mean, I guess they weren't as innocent, as they wanted to let on. But still, they were someone's son, and beta."

"Leya is still here, she wants Lucas, Dean, your father, and you, all dead. I don't want to do! My lycan is coming, but Leya is still here."

I practically screamed that entire thing, and I find myself thanking my father for the soundproof walls.

In my peripheral vision I see Declan studying my features, his eyes flicker over my face and linger on my lips for a second too long before returning back to my eyes.

I squint my eyes shut for a moment before an unfamiliar pain tightens around my head, making me feel slightly dizzy, and then something that feels like heart burn attacks my heart.

I hunch over in pain, gasping for breathe, "whats wrong?!" Declan asks panicked.

"The wolf and the Lycan are fighting over her," Claude's voice is barely heard over the internal screams echoing in my mind.

Declan places a hand on my elbow, trying to see if he can help, at his touch the pain simmers.

"Your going to need help," Claude says, once I recompose myself.

"You're kidding," I reply sarcastically.

Claude rolls his eyes at me, "no, you're going to need...magic, probably," he starts, "Maverick Tules. He is a warlock apart of an Alaskan Coven, haven't seen him for about 300 years, the man practically raised me after my parents died."

"He's older than you?" I ask gobsmacked.

"One of the few."

"How do we get there?" Declan asks, dead serious.

***

'Once you get to the border of the woods, travel north, until you reach barrier.'

I play Claude's instructions over in my head, Declan and I have been trudging through deep snow for half an hour.

"How much further?" Declan asks, panting heavily. For a king he sure needs to work out just a little bit more often.

"He didn't specify in measurement, just said that we need to head north," I reply, by now I'm relying on either my Lycan or Leya or something... I don't even know at this point, to keep me warm.

Although I can't keep this up much longer, having to use the wolf or lycan to keep me warm is draining the energy I have to actually be going forward.

My teeth start to chatter and I know I've almost reached my breaking point.

"Shift," Declan says staring at me, "you'll have a less likely chance of dying."

I contemplate arguing wiht him but know that his words are mostly true, I shift into my pure white wolf, I have only just actually put together the fact that my wolf's eye colour has changed. The first few times I shifted I had emerald green eyes, now I have my rare blazing blue eyes. I suppose thats my Lycan changing.

The snow is up to the middle of my legs, which is pretty high, considering that my wolf has also drastically increased in size. I can't believe I didn't notice these changes.

Heck, why didn't I realise something was off when I was able to hold off Declan from killing me immediately.

Declan is a couple metres ahead of me, something about, 'being able to protect me from danger', and I replied with 'What if the attacker came form behind?', I think my response hurt his ego a bit, because he was supposed to be my 'Prince Charming', all chivalrous and fairytale like.

He comes to an abrupt halt, before reaching out a hand and holding it in front of him, like his hand was up against a wall. "I think this is the barrier," he states as he lifts his other hand up.

Well say the thing. I mind link him.

"What thing?" he says aloud.

You know? the chant that Claude told us?

"Oh yeah, lupus, vampire, maga, malum sit bonum animarum cordibus vestris."

The 'barrier' wavers a bit before dropping to reveal something that looks like it was built in the gothic era. A massive mansion, likely bigger than Declan's palace all in greys, blacks, and stone.

Gargoyles line the rooftops, looming over as if they might come to life and kill anything it comes across.

Declan slowly begins to walk towards the front door, carved stone lions are placed either side of the door. I run up to him and join him as a pulls on the black, intricately designed door-knocker.

I lean into his leg as the door is opened from the other side.

An elderly man is visible on the other side, he observes the situation, staring at every feature of Declan's face before turning to me and tilting his head slightly.

"A king and a Lycan?" He grumbles. "I haven't seen a lycan for 300 years."