Introvert

Prompt: Write a letter you would never deliver.

To the next person who comes along and automatically assumes I've got no story to share just because I'm quiet and keep to myself. I wouldn't expect you to understand me. You wouldn't know that the reason I'm so quiet is because I've grown up listening and not talking. I'm a pro at giving advice. I didn't have a best friend until I was twelve. I grew up in a small town, with a small population. There were groups of girls that would walk around and just talk. I would switch from group to group, afraid of being on anyone's bad side. And because of that, I could never find where I really belonged. I don't expect you to glean this information off of me just by looking at me. I keep to myself. But there's a reason I don't automatically latch onto you. You may see me goofing off with my closest friends, but when you show up, I shut up. It's not because I don't like you! I just don't want you to not like me. So I'll listen quietly, and I'll help you to the best of my abilities. Because that's just who I am. So maybe I'm a little boring at first. Maybe I'm too quiet, too studious, too agreeable, too... average. But really I'm just a hidden book. I hide amongst a shelf of lookalikes, each one unique in their contents. But if by chance you decide to pull my book off the shelf, you'll realize that it is not blank. My story has started, and despite it not being quite as full as other books, it has begun, and therefore it will continue on until it doesn't anymore. With regards, from an introvert.