Chapter seven

"What happened?" Albus whispers as he traces his hand over a wound on Nikoli's tan arm.
"Nothing,"Nikoli pulls his arm away from him and hides it under the blankets. Albus bites his lip a little upset Nikoli doesn't talk of his scars. What was so bad about them? Albus studies him as he gets up and searches through the pile of clothes next to his bed. Little scratches littered his neck and large deep cuts filled his arms. Albus couldn't help but wonder what had happened to him? Quidditch wasn't that physical because then Teddy would have marks like that over him.
"IM COMING IN!" Teddy shouts before opening the door.
"Bloody hell mate,"Nikoli gasps as he puts on a turtle neck trying to hide the hickeys Albus had given him,"you know you don't have to do that?"
"Are those hickeys on your neck?" James asks Nikoli as he moves the turtleneck down. Albus rolls his eyes while he puts on one of Nikoli's sweatshirts.
"That!" Teddy points to the deep purple marks,"that is why we must do that!" James laughs behind him as Fred barges in the room while jumping on the bed sighing loudly.
"I have just met the love of my life,"Fred sighs dreamily as he looks over at Albus.
"Merlins beard...what's this poor girls name?" James asks as he sits beside his cousin.
"I've no clue,"Fred answers gazing off into the distance.
Nikoli furrows his eyebrows and he smirks a bit,"Fred...do you know anything about her?"
"She's a transfer from America,"Fred tells Nikoli with a gleam in his light forest green eyes. His caramel colored skin glows bright in the sun and he runs his hands through his deep brown curly hair.
"You'll shag her in a week and be on to the next,"James shurgs Fred's overly dramatic claim off as he watches Nikoli and Albus cuddle together on Nikoli's bed.
"He's got a point,"Teddy nods,"if shagging were a sport Fred would be...a professional."
Fred laughs at the claim and shrugs his shoulders feeling confident about himself. What they were saying wasn't a lie; Fred was known as the biggest player in Hogwarts. He enjoyed the title and he lived up to it.
"Must be a professional at taking care of your STDs as well,"Albus jokes to his cousin.
Fred rolls his eyes and throws a pillow at Albus,"I'll have you know everything is just as it should be."
"Red and itchy?" Albus fires back at him.
"Oh sod off you bloody wanker,"Fred laughs at him as he throws another pillow.
Lily opens the door and smiles a bit while having a box of pizza in her hand,"I've just got back from London,"she smiles wide. Lily and Roxy would always disappear for a couple of days and no one would really know where they were. Roxy would call it her 'little adventures'. James takes a piece of the cheese pizza from the box and stuffs it in his mouth. Nikoli grabs him and Albus some and then watches as Fred takes three pieces. Teddy waits in the background for the boys to be done taking what they need,"if anyone doesn't want their crust I'd be happy to accept it," Teddy says with a weird smile on his face.
"I've got an idea,"Lily smiles mischievously as she eats her pizza,"Filch is training a new keeper,"she informs them,"and I've just about picked up their routine so, if my calculations are correct-"
"If," Fred puts emphasis on the 'if' as he eats the pizza.
"Oh c'mon when have my calculations ever been wrong?" Lily sighs as she rolls her eyes.
"Well...-"
"Shut up, that was one time,"Lily cuts Nikoli off from talking. The boys each exchange looks from each other and laugh.
"We'd be able to blow up Filch's trainee's new broom closet,"Lily smiles widely with her brown eyes gleaming. Nikoli nods his head and looks over the perfectly made plan in Lily's notebook.
"The best part is,"Nikoli smiles while reading the notes,"it's right next to Filch's office."
"That man's going to have a heart attack," Albus rolls his eyes feeling bad for Filch.
James laughs loudly at Albus's comment,"Nikoli remember the time he almost did?"
"Professor McGonagall wasn't quite happy with us,"Fred sighs with a small smirk on his face.
"Shut up you blokes I was the one who took the blame,"Lily says.
"You were also the one who sorted out the plan,"Nikoli comments. "It's not my fault you left your notebook on the window sill."
"McGonagall scares me,"Teddy jokes a bit but Albus could tell that there was some seriousness in his face.
"What if Rose catches you?" Albus asks Lily.
"She won't,"Lily smiles,"even if she did she'd let me go we made a deal. And Teddys head boy of Hufflepuff," Lily looks at the clock on the dresser and sighs loudly,"I've got to go."
"Where? Lils you just got here," Teddy asks while making a sad face jokingly.
"Lysander is tutoring me in potions," Lily says annoyed.
"Lysander Scamander?" James laughs
"Shut up,"Lily throws a pillow at him.
"That nerd?" James jokes as he hides from Lily's left hook.
Nikoli jumps up from sitting down and looks over at Albus,"want to go Hogsmade?"
Albus nods his head and gets up following Nikoli out of his now crowded dorm. James makes a face and Fred raises his eyebrows while smirking,"you two love birds have fun,"Fred almost sings in a joking manner.
"Shut up you bloke,"Nikoli rolls his eyes before shutting the door behind him.

Hogsmade was crowded with people. Nikoli leads Albus through the sea of people while holding his pale hand tightly. They reach Honeydukes and Nikoli smiles to himself happy the see the candy shop open for business. Albus rolled his eyes while following Nikoli into the sweet shop. His obsession with candy was crazy. Albus remembered telling him not long ago of how his teeth will fall out because of how many sweets he eats in one day. Nikoli stuffs his face with chocolate while lingering by the candy samples. Albus laughs at him and ventures off to find his favorite candy: chocolate frogs.
"Oui Parkinson!" One of the boys from the Slytherin house practically shouts,"look at this fruit cake."
Albus rolls his eyes not amused with Kane and his group of friends.
"Why don't you and your little friends run off yeah?" Albus raises his eyebrows as he side eyes the group of boys lingering by him.
Kane crosses his arms and flips his limp brown hair out of his face as he smirks a bit at Albus. "Where's your faggot of a boyfriend Potter?"
"Right here,"Nikoli folds his arms while standing behind Albus. Kane's face turns red and Albus sees a hint of fear flash through Kane's cold grey eyes. "Is there something you'd like to say to...his faggot boyfriend?"
Kane glares at Nikoli and walks out of Honeydukes. Nikoli puts his arm around Albus and kisses his cheek,"what do you say we stay in yeah? Just eat candy and watch movies?" Nikoli asks softly knowing that Albus feels a little shaky.
Albus nods his head and looks up at him thankful for Nikoli being so understanding. Albus quickly kisses Nikoli on the lips and pulls Nikoli quickly out of Honeydukes after he pays.

"Al,"Nikoli lowly says,"Al wake up." Nikoli shakes Albus's body until he sees Albus's bright green eyes staring at him.
"Bloody hell,"Albus groans,"what do you want?" Albus runs his eyes and tries to fix his untidy hair.
Nikoli laughs a bit and then for some reason his smile fades. Albus has noticed this week Nikoli has been acting very out of character.
"Are you okay Nik?" Albus asks as he runs his hands up and down Nikoli's bare back.
"What do you mean?" Nikoli says faintly.
"You've been,"Albus pauses as his hands go over a few wounds,"acting strange..."
"I don't..."Nikoli turns around to face him,"I don't understand."
"Nikoli you've left herbology because the smell of holly weed gives you migraines but, we've been working with it for weeks now. You can't go into the great hall because the noise makes your ears ring but the great hall is your favorite spot besides Honeydukes,"Albus stops talking realizing that his voice was growing louder. Nikoli just stares at him blankly and Albus continues trying to control his volume,"you love chocolate. You love candy for that matter and today you had one chocolate frog and you...you've been throwing up..."Albus shakes his head worried for his boyfriend.
"Al...,"Nikoli's voice trails off and he looks at the ground,"I'm fine. Alright?"
"No Nikoli you're not,"Albus tells him knowing he's lying,"are you..are you sick?" Albus waits for an answer but Nikoli doesn't say anything. "I'm worried about you. Just tell me what's wrong."
"It's nobodies fucking business,"Nikoli says through his teeth causing Albus to make space between them.
"Its mine...I want to help,"Albus says lowly,"if something wrong I can help."
"You know what-I-I....,"Nikoli paces back and forth in Albus's room and then quickly pulls his shirt over his head.
"Nik," Albus calls at him as Nikoli slams the door behind him.