The Clay Bowl And Note (Requested Oneshot)

(Author's Note: Earlier this week I got my first request for a oneshot by MEGARAHAMATO (which I greatly appreciate). Just so you know, this is a Gakuen High AU. I hope you enjoy!)

Arthur nervously fidgeted with the small clay bowl he made in art class as well as the small note explaining his feelings for his long time crush, Alfred. He knew it was a stupid gesture, but after so many years, he just had to tell Alfred how he really felt about him.

'All right,' he thought to himself. 'Time to do this.'

He got up from his seat at the lunch table he always sat at, his friends all wishing him luck. He slowly made his way over to the table with Alfred and the rest of the jocks, hands shaking more and more the closer he got.

As he got close to the table, he stood across the table from where Alfred was sitting. He took a deep gulp of air before he took the final step forward. But then he heard something that made his heart shatter.

"Yeah, and the dude is such a teacher's pet and smart ass, I can't believe how annoying it is. And don't even get me started on my eyebrows, like what are those even, caterpillars?" Alfred said, causing the whole table to erupt in laugher.

Arthur felt his heart fall, like his whole life crashed down. Almost dropping the bowl and note, all Arthur could think to do was running. So he ran to the boys bathroom, eyes filling with tears as he rushed into the bathroom. He went to the first stall, gently placed his gifts on the floor as he began to cry even harder.

Of course Alfred wouldn't like him, what was he thinking? He was just like he said, some ugly sarcastic jerk who would never be "cool" and was just the one laughingstock in the grade.

All of the sudden he heard the door to the bathroom open, and from within the stall, he stopped sobbing, so he wouldn't get noticed and called out even more. As the pair of shoes walked by, he had a small hiccup from crying. Then the pair of shoes under the door came over, right before the stall door.

"Open up," the voice he immediately noticed as Alfred demanded.

Oh no, was he here to make fun of him even more? He couldn't deal with this and-

"Arthur, I know you're in there, open the door."

Well, there was no way to avoid it now... Time to endure some of the hardest criticism he'd ever have in his life. Arthur opened the door slowly, to see Alfred, staring at him.

'Crap, he knows I've been crying,' Arthur thought, wiping away his tears furiously.

"Arthur..." Alfred murmured, almost looking sad. But that couldn't be true, right? Was he just humoring him?

"L-look, can you just leave me alone? I already am upset enough, I'd rather you not make fun of me more..."

"Make fun of you? But why-" Alfred said, suddenly seeming to realize. "A-Arthur, wait, I can explain all of that!"

"What do you mean?..." Arthur asked, a sudden look of confusion dawning on his face.

"Okay, let me just say, you misunderstood what I was talking about back there, I swear," Alfred said.

Arthur only began to look more confused. "What are you even talking about?"

Alfred sighed. "Okay, I don't know what you heard, but I wasn't making fun of you and-"

"What? But you made fun of me being a teacher's pet and being smart and my eyebrows and-"

He was suddenly cut off by Alfred grabbing his face and shoving his lips onto his own. Arthur was left, wide-eyed, before he melted into the kiss that was so much better but also just as perfect as how he imagined it would be.

Once Alfred pulled away, his lips felt like they lost what they wanted and needed his whole life. He shook the feeling away. Arthur couldn't say anything, he was too shocked.

"Let me explain, I was talking about how smart you are in a good way and the eyebrow thing was mainly a joke but honestly I've never seen anything like them which is why when we first had math class together I was almost entranced but them and which is why I first took an interest in you and that's all okay?" Alfred said, speaking incredibly fast.

Arthur was only left to process, still shocked.

"B-but, to be completely honest, I've liked you for a long time now, and I'm not good at these things, so I'm just going to stop talking now," Alfred finally finished quickly.

"I-I..." Arthur couldn't even reciprocate. He couldn't even think straight. Alfred liked him? And- he couldn't even believe it. He had to be tricking him and had a camera somewhere to show his friends how stupid this nerd named Arthur who fell for one of the most popular kids in the whole school.

"I'm not lying, Arthur," Alfred told him, sensing he was having doubts.

"You're not?"

"No, I would never lie to you," he said softly.

Arthur nodded. "Well, can we start over, from the beginning?"

Alfred nodded back, smiling at him sweetly.

Arthur picked up the bowl and the note, and gave them to Alfred. "I wanted you to have these," Arthur murmured.

Alfred looked at the bowl first, which was bright blue like Alfred's eyes. With a vibrant emerald colored paint, there were two interlaced letter A's in the divot of the bowl. Alfred smiled widely before he looked at the letter.

This is what it read: 'Dear Alfred, I've liked you ever since I met you in math class, years ago. I don't really know how to communicate my feelings for you well, and I doubt you'd ever like me back, but I just wanted to let you know how much I really, really like you. I hope this doesn't make anything weird or bad between us, but if it does, I'm really sorry. From yours truly, Arthur.'

Alfred looked up at Arthur. "Well, I accept your feelings, but only if you do the same for me."

Arthur blushed heavily. "U-uh, yeah," he stuttered. He'd have to get used to this. But he didn't mind, in fact at this point, he was happier than he probably ever was before.