CHAPTER FOUR- Bad News

TWO YEARS LATER

I pinned him on the ground, smile lighting up my face. Shane growled from beneath me. I jumped up and turned away. Shane tackled me again and I flipped him over and once again he was pinned to the ground, by me. When Luke accepted me into his pack he taught me how to fight. And now I'm one of the damned best fighters the Wolfsbane pack has ever had. Shane attempted to push me off of him but I wouldn't budge.

"Really, Shane, when are you just going to give up?" I grinned. "It's obvious that I'm just better than you."

"Again," he snarled.

"Alright, but how many times do I have to beat you until you finally lose that cocky pride?"

"Again," he repeated.

"Shane, give it up," Caleb and Zane laughed.

Caleb and Chase were like the older brothers Blake should've been. They were the ones to intimidate all the guys I dated, the ones who waited up for me while I was off on those dates, the ones who beat up the douche bag boyfriends I had when they broke my heart. They were the best big brothers a girl could ask for. Shane and Zane were like my little brothers; despite them wanting me to be their little sister. They just acted younger than they really were.

"You guys, Luke wants to talk to you," Chase informed us.

"Okay," I got off the ground and brushed my pants off.

         We walked inside and I sat down beside Luke. Shane and Zane sat beside me and Chase and Mitch sat on the couch across from us. If Caleb and Chase were my big brothers, and Shane and Zane were my little brothers then Mitch was my dad. He was the one I went to when I just needed to cry; when I needed advice or help, Mitch was always there for me. He was mature, demure, and sophisticated, very few got to see his fun playful side, luckily I was one of those few.

"So what's up, Boss?" I said.

Luke coughed. "You're not going to be happy when I tell you."

"Why?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well, you know how the Rogues have been becoming an even bigger problem?" At my nod, Luke continued. "Well, some packs are joining together and there's a pack that wants us to join them."

"What pack?"

"The Moonshine Pack," he mumbled.

 Did he just say the Moonshine Pack? As in the pack that tormented me and bullied me and abused me for a large majority of my life? The very pack that caused me to run away in the first place? We were joining them? Could my life get any worse? Just the thought of those assholes had my wolf growling in anger and hatred. I wanted to kill them for everything they've done to me. They ruined my life and shattered my heart and broke my soul! Luke and the Wolfsbane Pack had a hard enough time as it was fixing me and they were just going to come back and ruin all that was good. It made me angry, it pissed me off, and it made me want to cry. Mitch put an arm over my shoulder, calming me with his warm fatherly embrace. I stood up and walked outside. Mitch followed me.

"It's not fair," I muttered.

"I know," Mitch soothed.

"They ruined my life," I said.

"But we fixed you," Mitch reminded me.

"I want them to die," I spat viciously.

"And how will that make you any better than them?" Mitch asked.

"Well, they would at least deserve it," I grumbled.

"That may be true, but murder is not the answer," he said.

"We kill Rogues all the time," I told him.

"Yes," he agreed. "But those Rogues have been attacking our loved ones and killing our family members."

"Can I at least play some pranks on them?" I asked, pouting like petulant child.

"I suppose," Mitch chuckled.