CHAPTER ELEVEN- Sorry Isn't Enough

I sighed in frustration. Aidan's pack just wasn't getting it! How could they possibly hope to fend off Rogue werewolves or vampires if they can't even fight my pack? They expect to be able to defend themselves against an enemy intent on killing them, and they are being beat by my pack- who doesn’t have any intention to harm them. Or much intention to harm them. I watched as Zach threw himself at Shane. Shane didn't move an inch.

            "Stop!" I yelled. Both packs stopped fighting abruptly, stepping away from each other. "You think you'll be able to fight off a Rogue? You can't even fight off my pack. You are pathetic. You had better give this all you possibly have, because it's life or death. This isn't some schoolyard brawl! If you don't start taking this seriously, you will die. I'm not here to help you die; I'm here to make sure you will be able to kill anyone who tries to kill you. Got it?" Aidan's pack nodded silently. "I want you all to run eight miles. No stopping, no water, no nothing until you're done. And I'll be right there with you, so if any of you tries to stop to catch your breath, I'll add an extra mile. Begin." 

               We took off running into the woods. I was looking for those who were smart enough to shift. I hadn't said in which form they would be running, and those who were clever enough to realize that would be the ones I helped the most with. Only ten people did that. I was- to say the least- upset. Think outside of the box, people! Have some creativity. Please. Three hours later, we were back in front of the house. Smelly, exhausted, and hungry.

"Go shower then eat. Then sleep. You're going to need it. We'll be up at five in the morning tomorrow," I informed them.

              I walked upstairs into my room and threw myself onto the bed. I screamed loudly into my pillow. In ten months, my pack and I would be long gone and, as much pain as this pack has caused me, I did not want to leave them defenseless. But if they weren't willing to do the work then how could I expect them to get any better? I soon became aware of a presence at my door and I sat up.

"What?" I asked Aidan rudely.

"Dinner is ready," he told me.

"Thanks," I muttered. "Buh-bye now."

Aidan didn't move.

"Is there something you need?" I asked him with a sigh.

"You forgave Blake," Aidan stated.

"Why yes, yes I did," I said sarcastically. "What's it to ya?"

"Yet you won't forgive me," he assumed.

"Exactly," I chirped. "Have a nice day!"

"Why?" He wondered.

"Why what?"

Why him?"

"He's my brother."

"But I'm your mate."

"There's your answer. Right there!"

"I don't understand."

"Of course you don't. Look, I forgave my brother because I can understand why he hated me, I'm the reason his parents were attacked. It was my fault they were out in the woods, but you. I did nothing to you and yet you still hated me. You made my life hell for no reason at all. You abused me both physically and verbally and you're my mate. You were supposed to protect me, but you didn't. And for that I can't forgive you."

"I said I was sorry!"

"Just saying you're sorry isn't enough." It would never be enough.