CHAPTER FOURTEEN- New Mate? Yes, Please!

I stared wide eyed at him. "How is this possible?"

"I have no idea," he replied.

"But I already have- had a mate," i corrected.

"As did I," he said. "And yet I still feel the effects of a mate bond."

    I knew exactly what he meant, after all, I felt the sparks dancing on my skin, my pulse racing at the mere sight of him, the need to touch him, be with him, love him. All of the things I felt when I first found out Aiden was my mate, I now felt again. I had absolutely no idea what to think. I didn't want to think, I just wanted to be with Prince Dannek Verlac. And I barely knew the guy.

"All I can think about is being with you," Dannek murmured. "And i hardly know you."

"I feel the same way," I whispered. "So what happens now? What are we? Are we mates? Or is this some witch's sick joke?"

"I think it's real," Dannek told me. "My father would know better than I."

    Well, he would have easy access to that information, I however, am not a vampire and cannot just traipse into the vampire king's territory all ladi-da without a care. And plus, I had a pack and my brother waiting back home for me. I couldn't just up and leave them without notice. Me disappearance would surely go unnoticed.

"What am I going to do?" I asked. "Just wait here anxiously until you come back with an answer to our question?"

"Come with me," Dannek suggested.

"Come with you? What about my brother and my pack?" I inquired.

"They will still be here when you return," he shrugged his muscular shoulders.

I bit my lip thoughtfully. "I can't just leave them without any notice, but they wouldn't approve of my choice to go into the vampire's territory alone. I'll just tell them that I'm taking a litttle break."

"That's a splendid idea," Dannek grinned broadly. "We can leave now if you'd like."

"I have to go home and say goodbye properly, and also grab some clothes for the trip," I told him.

"Of course, my love, whatever you must do," he said with a smile.

   On the outside, I was just smiling slightly; on the inside, I was squealing like a little girl. He said my love! No one had ever called me love. Not with so much affection, but I didn't want to get my heart shattered. Again. And I didn't want to seem pathetic and desperate, so I kept my cool. But just barely. Dannek drove me back to the pack house and as soon as I saw all of the lights on inside of the house, I knew I was in some deep shit.

"Time to meet the family," I muttered to Dannek as I got out of the car.

Dannek laughed. "It won't be so terrible. I may even get your brother and your alpha's blessing to be with you."

"God, I hope so," I mumbled. "I really hope so."

"Where the hell have you been?" Luke yelled at me. I stepped back. Not because of fear, but he had some serious morning breath. That sounds plausible let's stick with that.

"Don't yell at my mate," Dannek ordered, quickly intervening.

"MATE?!" Eight voices shouted simultaneously.

"Uh... surprise? I've got a mate, and he's a vampire," I chuckled nervously.

"You already have a mate," Aiden snapped. "Me."

"You rejected me," I reminded him. "So you're not my mate. Now shoo, let the grownups talk. Go fuck a slut or something."

"I think I've heard of this before," Blake told us. "It's called a Second Chance Mate or something. When two people lose their mate; to death or rejection, their soul calls out to another person in a similar situation."

"A second Chance Mate," Dannek murmured. "So we both lost our mates and our souls found each other. This is sort of perfect."

     I laughed at him. I barely knew the guy, and already, I was falling in love with him. I hadn't even noticed I was holding his hand until he gently squeezed it. This mate bond has gotta be real, because I don't even care about the fact that he's a vampire. I squeezed his hand back and Dannek smiled softly at me, bringing our entwined hands up to his face to kiss my hand.

"Oh god," Aiden muttered. "I think i'm going to be sick. He's a vampire, Alana, you two aren't meant to be together. And I doubt your brother is okay with this, right, Blake?"

"I'm happy for you, Ally, you've got a mate to love you," Blake ruffled my hair and turned to Dannek. "If you break her heart, I swear I will murder you, that is if she doesn't get to it first."

"Does that mean I have your bleesing to be with Alana?" Dannek asked Blake, somewhat hesitant.

"Yeah, mate, you've got my blessing."

"What about you, Luke? Are you cool with me and Dannek being mates?" I asked.

"He's completely, one hundred percent okay with it," Gemma assured me. She nudged Luke's foot. "Right, babe?"

"Yeah, anyone- even a human- is a better mate than that douche Aiden," Luke said.

"Uh, hello? Still in the room!" Aiden shouted.

"Eh, go suck a dick," I grumbled.

"You've got our blessing, too!" The twins cheered, giving me bone crushing hugs.

"Thanks, guys," I said to them all, my eyes beginning to water.

"Well, we must be off," Dannek announced. "We must go to the vampire court to tell my father of the new addition to our family."

"Oh, yeah. See ya'll in a few weeks," I said before going upstairs to pack.

   Dannek would be good for me, I could feel it in my heart and my wolf howled with happiness. A mate who would love us like we should be.