terrified awakening

Danny felt abnormally comfortable as he woke up from the strange nightmare he had last night.

As he tried to get up he felt someone gently push him back down. Confused he looked up shocked to see vlad. 'I guess it wasn't a dream' at the thought tears came to his eyes.

Vlad noticed this and felt
a knife go into his heart. "Please do not be alarmed little badger I know it's a great amount to take in and I know it hurts but I-" he hesitated but finished shakily "I am here for you"

Danny tried to make it at least appear that he was composed but couldn't help sniffling a bit at the terrible memory.

"Please no tears dear boy everything will be alright I even have breakfast for hungry little badgers but alas I cannot seem to find any" he said wryly trying desperately to make the child smile "can you dearest Daniel?"

Danny wetly giggled as a few tears slipped down his ivory cheeks. "I am a little hungry" he admitted in a soft whisper.

Vlad brightened at danny's small show of trust and happiness.
"Brilliant! I'll go down and get it stay in bed please. You should try to heal more"

As Vlad walked to his kitchen he couldn't help but to let his mind wonder back to the previous night and how things played out, Daniel, his examination, that feeling in his heart, it all made him a tad uneasy but for Daniel he'd try to be strong.

Something he found odd about the exam was how under weight he was not to mention his height it just seemed very peculiar how he was supposed to be 14 but looked so much younger. 'Younger! That's it maybe Daniel wasn't as old as I was told. I suppose I should ask him when the time comes'

As he made it back to the room he saw that danny had listened and stayed in bed only he was up right and staring around the room with big curious eyes. Once he felt the presence of another his sky blue orbs snapped to his own dark blue ones in a sort of questioning way.

"I have to go to school" it came out more like a question. He put his hand over his throat, talking had hurt him.

Vlad looked down at him with a look of displeasure as he spoke, "You will not be attending until you have healed fully. Jack and Maddie are most likely searching for you any how so it's safer to stay here"

Danny looked frightened as vlad's tone took a hostile edge to it. He assumed it was directed at him. Why would he be mad? Danny racked his brain but came with no rational reason. Though his parents never needed a rational reason to be mad at him, they just were.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with me" the distraught boy whispered head slumping down. Vlad raised his eyebrow almost missing the sullen statement.

"Whatever do you mean you silly child?" He asked setting down the tray of food and sitting on the bed.

Danny turned a little pink as he answered, "It's just normally you aren't particularly happy about me being around and I know I'm a hassle so..." he trailed off thinking vlad would understand his concerns.

Vlad sighed "I never hated you it was wrong on my behalf to act in such a way and I certainly do not find you a hassle whom may I ask would say that to you if all people?"

"Mom and dad" he said it like it was normal like it was deserved. Vlad's mind went to a halt 'they abused him? Or at least something of that deplorable acts nature' "How did they punish you Daniel?"

Danny looked confused. Punish? They never punished him unless he was being truly unruly other than that they just ignored him or more accurately forgot him.

"They didn't really punish me that often when they did it was only ever grounding or uhm well when I was younger I remember them giving me these weird shots that were supposed to help me I don't know with what though"

Vlad was taken aback. 'Shots? That has to have a part in his appearance. It's most likely some kind of growth hormone, but why?'

"Daniel I'm going to take you to the lab and run some tests alright? You will feel no pain I assure you"

Danny just nodded and raised his arms in an effort to make things easier. Vlad noted that he already seemed tired but said nothing.

"After the tests you can eat is that alright little badger?" He asked as he brought the child into his arms. Danny once again nodded not saying anything as they floated to vlad's lab.

Sorry for the chapter delay it was no fun that's all for now my doves ♡ ♡ ♡ leave a comment