Secrets kept in the blood

Once vlad was in his lab he set danny down on the cushioned exam table and got out the supplies to begin.

By the time he had finished danny was shaking and looked about to pass out. Evidently the tests proved vlad's theory correct though, Daniel was given growth hormones, and he was not his alleged age.

"I am none too pleased to say my thoughts were correct Daniel it seems you are not exactly as old as you thought you were"

Danny looked shocked out of his tiredness. "H-how? That's not possible it's can't be" he was starting to hyperventilate and with the condition it could cause even more problems.

Vlad easily picked the child up and did what he could to calm him down, swayed side to side and whispered sweet nothings. Slowly danny started to calm down enough to ask, "So how old am I really? I can't be that much younger right?"

Vlad sighed how did this child not know? Were the education systems that bad? Though the boy did have a point he was not too much younger but he wasn't exactly as old as he thought he'd be.

"The computer indicates 10 years old. I suspect your parents had obtained the chemicals fairly easy considering their scientific status. I truly am sorry you have to find out this way Daniel"

Danny was once again shocked into silence. Ten he was only ten years old?! How could this possibly be true? How could they have hid this from him?

Like before, he began to hyperventilate, only this time he felt tears flow unwillingly down his face and no mater how hard he tried he couldn't stop them. So he sat in the arms of the man who thought he hated and wept tears of sadness, anger and hurt all wrapped into what felt like the most painful thing on earth.

"Why? What made them do this?" At this point he had almost forgot they had almost disecteted him and was much more distressed by the life he had been forced to live.

Vlad looked like he was both sad and angry as he answered "I haven't a clue but I know that it was wrong and hurt you in the process, for that I am sorry"

Danny looked confused but said nothing as he laid his head on vlad's chest and listened as he continued.

"But there is some good news, wuthering the technology I have in my lab I can reverse the damage and make your appearance match your age. Is that something you might be interested in?"

Danny nodded but looked worried about something. Vlad raised his eyebrow and asked, "What's wrong child?"

"I just don't know where I'm going to go I can't just go back there after all that I know and all that's happened"

Vlad chuckled and pet his head "Honestly do you think I would ever make you go back there? I had hoped you would stay with me and let me take care of you"

Danny flushed at his own obliviousness. "Oh yeah okay l-let's do that"

Vlad laughs again and moves to set Daniel down and begin setting up but Daniel stops him and says in the most heart breaking voice, "Will it hurt?"

Vlad held a sad smile at the innocence of the question, "Normally yes but I have a sedative that will put you in a peaceful sleep the whole time and I will wake you when it's over"

Danny looked a bit hesitant but nodded and laid back on the table awaiting the beginning of the procedure.

That's chapter 3 doves I will get started on 4 right away please comment below goodbye for now ♡♡♡♡♡