Innocence in those eyes of yours

When danny woke up he could feel his stomach growl reminding him of his forgotten breakfast. He moved to sit up but similar to the first time he had woken up he was pushed down gently by vlad.

"Not so fast little badger, you need to take it easy for a little while. Perhaps you'd like to see yourself?"

Danny nodded and once again tried to sit up causing vlad to sigh exasperatedly as he picked up the now even smaller child and carried him to a mirror.

Danny wasn't as tall as before. At all. He looked closer to 8 than 10, but he was used to being small. He felt a little better until a thought hit him. 'Can I still go ghost? Guess it couldn't hurt to try'

"Vlad am I still a halfa?" His voice surprised him a little but he ignored it in favor of questioning vlad.

Vlad smiled with a bit of a laugh as he answered, "Yes Daniel you are but your powers might be different, not as strong, as before. The ghostly part of your DNA is permanent nothing can take it away that I know of"

Danny smiled and nodded. "Can we eat please?"

Vlad chuckled again but this time it was directed at himself, for forgetting to have Daniel eat before the began all of this.
"Yes Daniel I am so sorry in the endeavor to help you it seems I abandoned breakfast. So perhaps a light soup for lunch?"

Danny's eyes widened. Lunch? How could it possiblybe time for lunch it felt like he had only been asleep for a few minutes. Despite his shock he nodded.

"Splendid I'll tell the cooks to start right away and call us when they're finished" Vlad said as he started walking. "Until then why don't I show you to your room"

Danny said nothing as he laid his head on vlad's shoulder while. Vlad walked to the room across from his and opened it to reveal a large space themed bedroom.

Danny's eyes widened in wonder as he looked around the room. In that moment vlad saw danny for what he was, an innocent and neglected child. One that he vowed to take care of.

"Th-this is my room? It so big" danny gasped.

Vlad smiled at him. "Well every child deserves to enjoy where the live so I thought you'd appreciate this"

Danny looked up at him, "How did you do it so fast?"

"When you have as much money and connections as I have, Daniel, it is minimal effort at all"

Danny giggled lightly before they heard the bell telling them their food was ready. Danny smiles widely and clapped in joy before realizing what he had just done was extremely childish and blushing furiously.

"Sorry that was weird"

Vlad frowned but said nothing as he carried the still tired child to the dinning hall and sat him down in the chair closest to him.

Danny looked even smaller in the chair he could barely see the tabel.

"Vlad I need help please" danny said softly face aflame in embarrassment.

"Of course my apologies Daniel nothing to be ashamed of" Vlad said plucking him from the seat and asking one of his maids for a cushion.

"Thank you"

Vlad smiled at the child's manners.
"Why you're very welcome Daniel. How do you like the soup?"

Danny smiled around the spoon in his mouth. "Its really good"

Vlad smiled at the innocence that now filled the room. He felt like he was meant to take care of Daniel, to be there for him, to love him. Like soem how this was supposed to happen.

"Daniel? Would you like to see the castle? I have plenty 6time and I think it would be a great way to adjust to your new home"

Danny looked confused but happy as he answered with a "Yes please"

"What wonderful manners the young sir has will he be staying here long mister Masters?" Asked one of his oldest employees, James.

Vlad smiled. "Yes Daniel here is a new member of the masters family and will be a permanent resident"

"That sounds positively delightful congratulations sir"

"Thank you" Danny and vlad said in union both smiling softly.

That's all for now my doves I hope you enjoyed this chapter there will be more on the way. Please leave a comment

Goodbye my doves ♡ ♡ ♡