zero.

SLIGHTLY.
000. | ❛ great expectations.

I LOVED HER AGAINST REASON, AGAINST PROMISE, AGAINST HOPE, AGAINST HAPPINESS, AGAINST ALL DISCOURAGEMENT THAT COULD BE. The words of Charles Dickens were one of her favorite quotes of literature. Of course, any classic book of literature was Katia favorite. But that quote meant something more to her than the others did. It signified the unconditional love that Pip had for Estella, and that no matter what he couldn't stop loving her regardless of anybody's opinion. It was what she wanted in the future, a man that could love her without caring for about the thoughts of others.

Unfortunately, she could only find those types of men in books. Perhaps some did exist in the outside world, and if they did then Katia had no luck in finding them. She was far too often obsessed with her work, and frankly felt that a man would slow it down for her.

Katia Rivers started off as a simple literature professor in New York at one of the most prestige universities, Columbia. Any reasonable human being would stay and teach at and Ivy League school, especially with a tenure awarded her 3rd year there.
Books were her calling, in the sense that she was drawn to them at a young age. Reading any and all books that ranged from War and Peace to The Great Gatsby.
Many did wonder if Katia was enamored with literature and teaching, why would she leave?

One year, Columbia sent teachers to Wakanda to teach a seminar on American Literature. Yet not to students or any college professors, instead Katia was presented with a room full of government officials with a special appearance by the highest level of authority.

"Ms. Rivers, you're certainly a marvel at analyzing the structure and writing of the author at hand." A voice made itself present and when she turned around, she was face to face with the one and only, King T'Challa.

She instantly curtsied to him which was something she was new to, never before was she in the same room as royalty. "It's definitely a honor having the King of Wakanda listen to my seminar.
I bet only a selective few can say that."

"Only a selective few can analysis literature from such a different perspective as you can." T'Challa complimented her, presenting a small blush on her lips.

She could see a man come from behind T'Challa, someone she could symbolize as a bodyguard informed him of where he needed to be. He turned around once more to give a smile to Katia before excusing himself.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Ms. Rivers."

He started to walk away from the professor, but just before he was out of her sight she called out to him. "It's Katia."

He turned around in confusion as to what she was talking about.

"My name is Katia. If we were to every meet again I would prefer the name Katia. Ms. Rivers just makes me sound old."

His lips curved into a smile, taking a note of the preference. This time as he walked away for good, she couldn't help but feel that she wanted to stay in Wakanda. Not as a professor of literature but of something else, she couldn't pinpoint what but she knew she wanted to change.

She wanted to life up to greater expectations.

__________

Just a little prologue to this book, which as you can tell every chapter would be an allusion to a classic book in literature. If you have any books that you like that you'd like included just comment it down below. We also get a small glimpse at the friendship that Katita and T'Challa are going to have.

Comment what you're excited about for this book, and if you want to leave some feedback I'd be open to it.