the truth

Hope's PROV.

As I finish reading the letter that Sam found in her car I crumpled it up and threw it across the room, I don't know what I'm supposed to be feeling about this.

She needs us back in 2 weeks because she's dieing ? That's not an excuse to contact us! She hates me! And abandoned Sam when she decided to come with me.

What the hell am I going to do ? I wondered as if someone would just tell me the answer, I need to get this over with, I pick up my phone and call the number.

Ring....Ring....Ing- "hello ?" My mother answered, she doesn't even sound like herself anymore.

"Why now ? Why all of a sudden call when we haven't talked to you in 6 year's, I mean I get why you would contact Sam, but why did you call me ?" I asked and I heard her sigh before answering.

"Because I've already talked to Sam and she doesn't want the thrown, your the only one left who can claim it." She said as she started coughing, once she composed herself she continued.

"Look I know that we haven't had the best relationship in the past or even now... But I would like to see you one last time before I go, I would like to at least try to be the mom you needed, just think about it." She said and hung up before I could say anything.

I sat there for I don't even know how long before I got up and walked out of the cave, I got in my car and started drinking I don't even know where, to lost in thought to care.

Should I see her ? Is she really deferent ? Do I even want to fix this ? Us ? I don't know,

I never thought she would end up dieing before I had kids or got married, but then again I never thought she would end up hating me either but that's life I guess.

As I keep driving i soon realized where I and pulled over, I walked up the small incline and let the wind gently caresses my skin and flows through my hair.

I sit down by the tree that me and Sam carved our names into with the date and a circle around it, I gently run my fingers over it and sink back into the tree thinking of that day.

                         (Flash back 5 years ago)

Sam giggled as she swiftly climbed the tree as far as she could get,
She was 14 years old and loved BTR (if you don't know what that is it's a boy band ) she was singing one of there songs I don't remember which one, but all the sudden her hand slipped of the branch she was holding and fell on my back as I was sitting under the tree.

"Omg are you ok ?" She asked and I nodded slowly showing her that I'm ok, she sighed in relief and hugged me, soon enough she was laughing and so was I at what just happened.

After we calmed down i got the idea to put our names on the tree,
After putting our names on it I put a circle around it because a heart will break a circle won't,

"Why did mama kick you out ?" She asked and I sighed knowing that she would eventually ask me that.

"Well I like girls and mama doesn't approve, there's nothing wrong with it but she thinks there is." I said and what she said next shocked me.

"Oh, you know I like girls to... Right ?"she said and I say there a moment before busting out laughing and hugged her tight, who knew that both of the Queen's daughters would be gay ?

"I love you Sam, you that right ?" I said and she nodded and smiled at me and hugged me back.

"I love you too hope."she said and soon we went back home.