Chapter 3 No votes and comments

I had entered the writing world with a massive bundle of hope and confidence. I had the dream to get readers to tell me about my faults. I wanted guidance because I was walking on this writing road like a blind girl. I wanted to be appreciated if my work was worth it if it wasn’t… I wished for improvement.

My nights and days went with endless perplexity because apart from votes or comments, I wasn’t even getting reads on my works.

There were lots of questions arising in my mind that continuously told me to give up writing. I always thought:

“Am I not worth it?”

“Do people notice me here?”

“Will my works be read here if I write?”

 But I didn’t stop. I had never left things so easily in my life. I thought of giving everything another chance thinking that maybe I’m lucky enough this time.

On the other hand, I read books silently and never left comments. It was my way of reading and I never realized that I should leave my feedback because authors need it. It is just like a sparkling guiding light for them to travel in the dark. It’s similar to oxygen as they need it to boost their confidence.

I read a lot of poetry and stories. Most of them were really amazing and I think won’t be able to forget them specially “intertwined” by @jerileekaye. It was the most astounding book I’ve ever read.

I took a great time writing and posting my poems waiting for people to read. I never stopped writing. I never tried to leave it. I love writing and it makes me happy. When a person adores something he never uses shortcuts to get it. That’s what I believed in.

So,  I never gave up.

For all those friends out there who feel sad and depressed just because people don’t like what they write PLEASE DON’T STOP! Follow your dreams. Write because it blesses you with joy.

Please don’t delete your stories and don’t feel inferior. Hard work and passion always bring fruit. It’s never wasted. It may take a little time for people to discover you but your wait’s not going to last long. Believe me.

Author’s note: Was it easy for you to get votes and comments or did you find yourself struggling?