Chapter 2: Disbelief

The Irken laid on his messy bed, purple and black blankets tossed all over the place. He had been so miserable ever since the fight between him and Tak. He would not expect the female Irken to melt into the lava so simply. It seemed so wrong, but he remembered the horrifying sight. He slightly light green and violet eyes burned in the lava, leaving the male Irken speechless. There was nothing that he could do. She was a threat to the planet that he was supposed to conquer months ago.

 For some reason, the Irken was curious about the planet and wanted to know more about it. He still did not understand what icebergs were. How on Earth did they freeze and turn so large?

Suddenly, an incoming video call popped up on his second computer, the Irken logo for his home planet could be seen. He sighed, rubbing his forehead slowly and answerd it, giving the normal sollute to his leaders, one named Purple and the other Red, who were just as tall as an adult.
"My Tallests," Zim said in a flat tone. He was not up for a call from his leaders, not after what had happened the previous day.

Purple looked at Zim and then back at the other with a very worried expression planted on his face. "What should we say?" He whispred, but Zim could still hear.

Red shrugged and sighed, looking at the smaller Irken through the screen. "Zim, have you conquered your planet yet?" Before he could answer, Zim was interrupted. "Oh that's right, you're still working on it, correct?" Zim nodded slowly, biting his lip nervously. Red rolled his glosy ruby eyes and growled in frustration.

"What did I tell you?" Purple said, folding his arms and looked to the right side. "It will take him a decade to finish!"

"It is not that, my Tallests," Zim said in a small voice.

Red raised and an eye a bit and looled at the smaller Irken, wondering what he meant. Purple looked at the screen and tilted his head. The violet-eyed Tallest starred at Zim, curious to what he had just said.
"Then, what is it?"

Zim looked down and closed his eyes, "well, there are many intresting things here that I would like to-"

"Don't care," Red cut in, rolling his eyes. "Look, Zim. We aren't interested in that ball of trash anyway. Never will. But, we're not talking about-eh- Earth."

"Then what is it, my Tallests?" Zim asked, tilting his head slightly. His magenta colored eyes watched the two taller Irkens in the screen.

"Well, we were looking through some records on all of the Irken's tube release dates and background checks. We noticed something about yours that we did not expect. But, it makes a lot of sense." Red cleared his throat, looking at Purple who nodded to him. He then said, "you are a defect, Zim."

The smaller Irken's eyes went wide. Were they lying to him? Of course not; how could they? They were his leaders after all! Then again, there were plenty of things that they have lied about, especially his mission. Perhaps, they were serious now.
"Why have you not told me this? I thought defectives get disposed of!"

"They do," Purple replied, hogging the face cam. "But for some reason, the androids did not function properly and sent you through. It explains a lot of your unusual behaviors, though. You can mate, feel emotions, cry and you are considered as the stupidest Irken of them all."

Red glared at Purple and stole the camera for a moment. He could tell that Zim did not believe him from his body language. "I know you probably don't believe us, but it's true. We'll send you the day you were released."

Zim nodded and began to tremble. All of the other Irkens had three well-known emotions: anger, some joy, and disgust. Of course, when he arrived on Earth for the first time, he was disgusted at the filthy planet. Then, as many children would harass the green boy, he would get angry. But, whenever he saw his 'nemesis' Dib, he felt a bit of joy. He never really showed it, however. He would always put on an angry look upon his face, when really, he loved to see the human boy with the black zigzag hair.

"We are cutting off all connections with you, Zim. If you still want to complete your little misson, you can if you really want to. We are cutting off all communication ties with you because you are a defect. And thus, you must be treated like one. Our last request is for you to return back to the Mother Ship to allow us to remove your pak. Do you understand what you must do, Zim?"

No response. The smalle4 Irken thought hard on what he was about to do. He did not want to leave Earth. He had grown too fond of it. At least some of the human-pigs on there cared about the green boy a bit. He even appreciated have GIR around him all the time. It was very nice, and he did not want to release that sensation.

"No," he finally said after a moment of silence. "I would like to stay here, if that is alright. I have grown attached to my mission. I don't care if I am all alone, at least I have these odd creatures all around me that actually cared if I lived or died!"

Purple was startled, backing away slowly. He turned to Red, whispering something to the leader. They did not know what to do. Deactivating an Irken took far too long to do. Eventually, they came to an agreement. Red glared at Zim, a displeased look was planted on his face.

"You may stay at that miserable ball of dirt, Zim. It is better if you stay there instead of coming back here. We don't want you to destroy anything else. After all, you are a defect. It wouldn't surprise me if you managed a way to deactivate yourself!"

"Why don't you and your little Co-leader deactivate each other? I'm sure it must be fun!" Zim hissed, sending a glare back at Red.

He growled in frustration, "We do not listen to little, useless Irkens like yourself, you little ninnyhammer!"

Then, the screen turned black. The call was finished. Zim could feel a familiar feeling as his bottom lip quivered. His eyes began to tear up fresh tears. Was this what humans do to express their emotions? He did not care at this point. He went back to his bed, laying face-first onto it. He groaned as he felt more tears dripping down his sick light-green cheeks. A dark-green blush of embarrassment flooded his face as he realised that his Tallests would tell all of the Irkens the news. A sob escaped from his lips as he grabbed a black blanket. He burried his face into it, sobbing hard into it. He felt so lonely on this miserable planet. But, at least he had his little robot assistant and human to keep him company.