Visitor

A week later, I'm alone for once. I'm swimming through the translucent azure sea, my heart surging in time to the waves. Finally, I feel at home. This is my kingdom. My peace doesn't last for long though. As I come up for air I see a figure standing on the shore, waving his arms frantically. Sulter. I skim the waves until I wash up on the beach.

 "Oceassa. You need to come home now!" He says and although his voice is steady, there's a twang of panic behind it. I feel fear that I haven't felt since I blocked the games out. It's all rushing back. My head spins.

"Father? Sal?" I manage to ask. Sulter sits me down on some rocks.

"They're fine Oceassa....it's just...you have a visitor." He says, placing his words carefully. And immediately I know who it is. President Snow.

I stand up,suprised how strong I feel. Without a word, I march home leaving Sulter on the rocks. As I enter the house a deadly silence greets me.

"Father?" I call. What if Snow killed him whilst Sulter was collecting me?  "Sal?" I say, my voice rising.

 "In here." An infamous voice calls from inside the study. I cautiously walk in. Snow sits in a chair,  a sneer on his face. Then I scream.

Father and Sal lie on the floor not moving.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" I yell.  

"Now, now Miss.Hollaway. That's not the way to treat your president is it?" I ignore him and crouch down on the floor next to them.

"Sal, Father?" I say softly.

"They can't hear you. They'll be knocked out for another half an hour." He says and I look into his snakey eyes. Could he be telling the truth? I check their pulses and sure enough, they're beating away.

"What do you want?" I say coldly to the white haired man.

 "You." He says. "Your body." I shiver and stand to my feet. "You're a pretty girl. You're desired by many." He says and my heart freezes.

"No." I say firmly. I will not be Snow's prostitute. His eyes gleam.

 "You will do as I say, or you can start digging graves for your family." He says licking his lips slightly. My heart pounds at the unfairness of it. He stands up and the two peacekeepers by the door automatically advance towards him.  "Don't worry. You're not the only one." He says and leaves. I drop to the ground beside my brother and father and as they wake up Sulter barges in. They all ask questions, and I burst into tears. Sulter carries me to bed like he used to when I was little. He tucks me in and I bawl my eyes out. I cry myself to sleep.