#6

___  P.O.V

After one more hour of walking,the sun started to turn a shade of red,which meant it was setting. You could see a faint image of the moon in the sky. After a few more minutes I could see a few stars. my foot too was feeling much better and I was able walk on my own, more like limping. Dan had still got my back, he grabbed my hand whenever I was tripping over myself.

 It felt comforting 

It felt as if someone, at least someone cares for me

He made me feel as if we were in a relationship. He cared for me like a man would take care of a special someone. The thought of us being in a relationship made my cheeks go a shade of crimson. He looked at me and to see that I was blushing and he started giggling.

"what?" I said, shooting him a look as if nothing happened 

"You look cute while blushing." I bit my lip to hide my smile. I covered my mouth to hide my blushing face

"and you look even cuter trying to hide it." I couldn't take it anymore. I turned around and hugged him. My face sunk into his chest. A gentle breeze swayed past making my hair go everywhere. Soon after, he wrapped his hands around my back. 

To interrupt the silence he asked,"How's your foot?" I broke out of his embrace and looked down at my foot. "It feels much better now." I wiggled my foot to show him that it was functioning fine enough."Let's keep moving then,shall we?" he smiled. I nodded in response.

Soon enough it started to get dark and we were still lost without a map. We used a flashlight Dan had with himself to protect ourselves from the darkness. There was nobody around. According to Dan, it's because we're probably on the outskirts of the site. I tried to call Jemma again but the signal was poor still

After a few more minutes of walking, it was totally dark. It felt as if we were playing slender. pitch dark with one flashlight. We found an unlit campfire and decided to stop for the night. There were two logs kept there for people to sit so we had to sleep on those.I placed the flashlight on the ground, facing it upwards so that there was at least some light. 

"I guess I have a bed sheet or something like that so you can use it." Dan shuffled through his bag to find a blue blanket which had little diamonds made on it."It's okay Dan you can use it."

"I want you to use it because your foot is hurt too." Dan gently mentioned. "I'll use my jacket instead." He said handing the blanket to me.

I stared at the blanket for a while. I wanted to say 'thanks' but my tongue was just tied whenever I tried to say something. Instead, he gently pecked my cheek and walked over to the other log. I stared at him with my jaw dropped, trying to comprehend what just happened

 I stared at him with my jaw dropped, trying to comprehend what just happened

    (a/n) - the only pic I could find to describe the face

He didn't glance at me once. He lied down facing the other side. My heart was fluttering after this gesture of affection.

I used my small bag as a cushion. I lied down on the log pulling the blanket up to my face. I stared at his back for sometime, wondering what he was thinking about.

I stared up at the stars, replaying all the moments in my head, all the things that happened today. From the beginning of the day to seconds ago. Even though the situations were kind of harsh, those were the best moments of my life.

I slowly shut my eyes before clinging on to his blanket and whispering to myself,"Thanks Dan."

_________________________

I feel proud of this particular chapter tbh.

and I typed this out on my laptop (explains why there are huge paragraphs) 

and I also wanted to know where my readers are from, I'm from India