Chapter Seventeen

I woke up to the sound of someone frantically knocking at the trailer door. Though the window blinds were closed, I could tell it was dark outside. How long was I sleeping? I attempted to sit up, but there was an arm draped over my stomach keeping me in place. My heart started pounding as fast as the knock coming from across the trailer. Did I really just sleep in the same bed as Tom Hiddleston? And is his arm seriously draped across my stomach? The possibility that I was dreaming popped into my head, but the constant knocking was evidence of real life.

"Tom?" With a moan, he pulled me into his hard body. And I mean hard body. I gasped as he pressed his hips into my side and started nuzzling my neck.

Knock knock knock! I peeled myself away from the gorgeous man beside me who had evidently still been sleeping. As I walked to the door, I thanked my lucky stars that my head had ceased its pounding, even though I still felt slightly queasy. Whoever was at the door was persistent, or they hadn't heard me when I called out that I'd be right there. I opened the door to see a worried looking Cherie, Tom's agent.

"Who are you? Where's Tom?" She looked me up and down, taking in my matted hair and makeup that I'm sure was smeared around my eyes.

I pointed toward the bedroom. "He's back-" Cherie pushed past me and burst into Tom's bedroom. I followed closely behind, hoping the erratic woman wouldn't jump to any false conclusions. The last thing I needed was someone spreading rumors about Tom and I sleeping together.

"Tom, honey, I've been calling you for the last hour! What have you been doing?"

Tom sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "Sorry, Cherie. I must've fallen asleep. I had my phone on silent from earlier. What do you need?"

She threw her hands on her hips and looked at him like it was plain as day, the reason for her worry. "I heard there was a doctor here earlier. Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. The doctor was for Friday- where is Friday?"

I stepped into the room from my place in the hallway. "Right here. I'm feeling much better actually. I'm going to take off. Thanks for all your help."

Cherie seemed to really look at me for the first time before turning to Tom once more. "Hmm... yes, Tom. Your help." I really didn't like the tone of her voice. She gave me a slimy, fake smile. "He's a very helpful man, sweetie. I hope you don't think you're special." I scoffed. I had always hated confrontation, but no one deserved to be spoken to like that, especially by a near stranger.

Taking a step toward her, I said, "I'll have you know-"

"Cherie, get out of my trailer. Now." I hadn't even noticed Tom stand up.

His agent put on her best smile. "Oh, Tom. I'm just watching out for you. You can't be too careful with some of these women. You remember that one girl... oh, what was her name. Anne, wasn't it? Or was that Kara?" She turned to me, waving her hand in the air. "Oh, it's just so hard to keep them all straight."

How could I have been so stupid. I wasn't special. I knew Cherie was just saying these things to keep me away from her client, but what if it was all true? What if I was in line to be the next woman whose name would soon be forgotten? The fact that I was here at all was proof I had allowed myself to get too close to someone who could never give me what I needed.

Tom was now standing between me and Cherie, looming over both of us. "Out," he said, glaring at Cherie. She looked as if she wanted to say something else, but bit her tongue. Tom followed her as she stomped out of the trailer and he stood in the doorway, calling out, "And by the way, you're fired." He closed the door and locked it as she started to march back to the door shouting something about how he didn't mean it and he would regret this decision tomorrow.