Arrival

I stepped off the bus, carrying all of my stuff. Yes, all of my stuff. My family had shipped me off to a strange town that didn't even show up on a map. It was called Reverse Falls. Yes, you heard me right, Reverse Falls. What the heck was it even supposed to be a reverse of, anyway? But that's beside the point. I'd never liked hanging around my family so I ended up taking all of my stuff and moving out. I was dragging my bags around when I heard a voice.

"Gideon!" a girl's voice called out. "Come on!"

Another voice followed, which I assumed to be Gideon's, said, "Hold on, Pacifica! I can't run that fast!"

The girl, Pacifica, came into view. She turned and saw me, then beamed. "Come on, Gideon! Hurry up! You can't be that slow!"

Gideon came about a minute later, panting and out of breath. Pacifica didn't look like she'd lost any energy at all. "Let's go help that girl!" she exclaimed. "She looks like she's new!"

Gideon didn't reply, but they both came over. "Hi!" the girl said. "I'm Pacifica Southeast!"

I smiled. "I heard," I replied, chuckling. "I'm (Y/N) (L/N). And your friend's Gideon, right?"

"Mhm!" Pacifica nodded. "Can we help?"

"Yeah, actually. I kind of ran away from home because no one really wanted me there...I really have no idea why, actually."

"Wow," Pacifica replied. "You can stay with us, then! Right, Gideon?"

Gideon looked nervous and seemed to be looking at me up and down, until he nodded and said, "Sure, why not?"

I sighed with relief. "Thank you!"

"No problem!" Pacifica chirped. Now let's go home!"