Chapter 13

"Put more effort into it!" Dipper commanded as he sidestepped my flaming whip.

The whip disappeared as I put my hands down and groaned. "Can't you see I'm trying?" I complained.

"In all honesty, no," Dipper replied bluntly. "Now, do as I say. Put more effort into your attack!"

"Since when have I been training to attack people?" I retorted indignantly. "I never said I wanted to hurt people! Unless this is also part of your big plan to control my powers or something?"

Dipper sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Do you want to go outside?"

My stomach twisted and turned as emotions bombarded my head. "What does that have to do with anything?!"

"You're losing your temper, so I thought you'd want to calm down."

I sighed and sat on the cold basement floor. "I'm fine. Really, I just..." Dipper walked up to me and offered me his hand, which I swatted away. "I can stand up on my own, thanks. Just because I'm stuck in this mansion doesn't mean I have to be your damsel in distress."

"You certainly have been acting like one. Don't think I haven't seen you always looking out your window whenever we're not training. Are you hoping Gideon and Pacifica are going to come save you? Is that why you're always watching out there?"

I huffed defiantly, still refusing to stand up. "I just like it outside. And since you never let me out, the most I can get is from my window. Besides, I've already told Yume that I'm fine. I tell her every night."

"Through dreams, I assume?"

"How else? Besides, I thought you were psychic. You should know that."

"You do know why I'm not letting you leave, right?"

"Because you're some yandere weirdo?"

"Har, har. I'm positive you should've remembered."

"Yeah, yeah, controlling my magic, making sure I won't destroy Reverse Falls, blah, blah, blah. Do you even have any idea what you're trying to make me do here? It's not like you've been planning all this, am I right?"

"I can't say that I've actually been planning anything. But I don't understand why you still don't trust me. What else do I need to do for that? Just ask me and I'll give it to you."

I stood up and faced Dipper, my (e/c) eyes looking into his piercing blue gaze. "Fine, then. I want out. I want out of this mansion, out of your shows, out of this stupid training you put me through every morning, and out of your life. I...I just want you to leave me alone. Please. Just let me out and we'll continue with our lives like all this never happened."

"And what? Let you destroy Reverse Falls? Honestly, (Y/N), do you take us for complete idiots? Just stay another day or two."

"That's what you've said almost every time I've asked you to let me leave. And I'm sick of it! I'm not a child, Dipper. I've stayed with the two of you for who-knows-how-long, and I don't even leave footprints around the place when I'm embarrassed anymore! Please, just give me what I actually want for once and let me go back to my old life!"

"Which old life might you be talking about? The one before you moved into town or the one after?"

I turned away, letting my hands curl into fists. I could feel flames sparking at my fingertips, ready to burst at any moment. The question in my head at the moment was, would I stop it or let it happen?

It was like everything went into slow motion. Dipper took a step forward, and I grabbed his shoulders, letting the flames flow through my fingers and onto his skin. As soon as I knew he wouldn't stand up to stop me (probably, I mean, he's psychic, what do you expect) I bolted for an exit of some sort and left Dipper in the basement without a backward glance. I ignored his call of, "Get back here!" The only thing on my mind was escape.

I guess spending weeks stuck in the same mansion was a little helpful. I bolted through countless hallways and doors, hoping to find the exit. My escape from this beautiful prison. I made my way to the large door, suddenly hearing the familiar clicking noise of heeled shoes.

Crap. Oh, boy. I didn't have to look back to know that Mabel had noticed me and was running at me to stop. But why wasn't she using her magic to stop me?

I heard the sounds of struggle as a second set of footsteps reached my ears. A very distinctive, very familiar voice followed. "Mabel. Stop."

"Dipper, she's getting away! And give me my--"

"Don't. She can always come back."

I dared a backward glance as I bolted out the now open door. Dipper stood next to his fuming twin, and he was dangling her headband in the air with his magic. He saw my head turn to look at the two, and he gave me a tentative wave before throwing me into the familiar blue void.