Chapter 1

Draco's P.O.V.

I sat there, crying. Oh Ciaran, where are you? I need you. I cried for Ciaran. I cried for my mate. It's been ten years since he was kidnapped. And Dumbledore was going to pay. He was going to lose everything. But I couldn't focus on that for long, my longing for my mate bringing fresh tears. I buried my head between my knees. I heard the door open.

"Oh, Draco." I heard mother sigh, she sat next to me and pulled me onto her lap. I couldn't control my sobs. "He'll be back one day my dragon, I promise." I looked up at her,

"But what if he isn't? What if he's dead?" I couldn't stop these negative thoughts,

"He isn't my pup, I promise."

"I just miss him so much." She sighed and pulled me into a hug,

"I know cub, I know." Suddenly my body was enveloped in pain. I cried out. My mother panicked. It was the bond. My mate was in pain. This would always happen during the summer. At least six days a week. Sometimes it was so severe I would go unconscious. My back hurt. A lot. I gave another cry. As suddenly as it began, it stopped. I gasped once again. It was as if someone was slashing into my back. The pain would be anywhere and would feel different each time. The ones that confused me most though, happened three years ago. During third year. The pain was inside me. Not on my skin. It only happened twice, and about nine months apart. I never thought about what it could've been. I only hoped it wasn't something I wouldn't want to know. The hole deep inside me yearning to be filled.

Harry P.O.V.

I lied there. My back was in pain.

"Freak," Uncle Vernon said, as he put the belt back on the hook. I walked up to the little bedroom, ignoring the pain the whip slash was causing me. Every summer. Why does Albus force me back here with these people? I asked myself this question at least once a day. I watched the clock on the nightstand countdown to midnight. In thirty seconds I will turn sixteen.

20...19...18... suddenly i began to feel some sort of pain. It grew as the clocked counted down. 10...9...8... The pain was almost unbearable, but I held the screams in. 3...2...1... The pain stopped abruptly. Happy Birthday Harry. And then an envelop appeared. I opened it and read the letter.

Dear Mr. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have just received your magical inheritance, and would like you to come to Gringotts at once to sort it out. The portkey (Envelop), is activated by password. It is "Heir".

Please arrive as soon as possible,

Griphook

I smiled. Finally, an excuse to leave this wretched place. I grabbed my wand and put on some robes before I grabbed the envelope and portkeyed to gringotts.