12

______________________

Damn him. I couldn't get him out of my head, it was like he put himself on repeat and there was no pause button.

"This is your doing."

I was so sure, so sure I'd had everything under control. Fated love. Was it even true? Amphitrite..

I groaned out loud as the constant stream of water sourced from the shower head poured out over my body. It was cold, frigid actually.

The cold water actually felt good along the cut on my arm, I had removed the bandage and it looked awful.

But I just needed a distraction from him, something to shove him from the infinite loop of my train of thought.

I flipped off the water and wrapped a towel around my wet body. I brushed my hair out with the comb laid on the counter and then opened the door to the room.

I realized I had no phone to call my dad on, at least to make sure he wasn't suspicious and make sure he was alright.

I groaned, if Poseidon really was the god of the sea couldn't he just go retrieve my iPhone from the sand and give it back to me? That'd be great.

I took another peek at my arm, the infection appeared worse and I was wondering when the hell someone was going to get me some help.

I looked around the room, in search of any clothing that would at least suffice until I found some of my own.

Searching each drawer, my brown locks falling before my face I pushed it back behind my ear and saw a pile of clothing in the last one.

I picked it up and found a pale green tank-top and some jeans which I recognized as mine from when I wore it to school.

I pulled them on and threw my hair up into a messy bun and left the room. There was no commotion anywhere, only a lifeless mansion crowding me in.

After gazing upon my arm I realized it hurt more than usual.. it felt as though someone was pressing against it from the inside.

I sighed and decided to explore.

I walked past the kitchen, it was large and the cabinets dark. It looked like whoever Zeus's fated love was must be a very lucky girl but according to what he says she's rejected him.

I smirk at the thought of anyone rejecting Zeus.

I passed it up and came by the living room which only had older furniture and large windows along with dark threatening curtains.

Next I followed a hallway as I came across a large empty room. Stained windows were everywhere, the light in the room manipulated by the colors.

The subject of each window revolving around the Gods. I saw Zeus in the main and middle window, of course, Poseidon on his right and another God on his left.. which I could only assume was Hades. His other brother.

In the middle of the room was a piano.. it was black and shiny as the light glistened across the top like a bowling ball.