15

Word count: 1771

______________________

Alice POV

The slight lull of a persons steps was the only thing keeping me from falling unconscious again. In normal circumstances I would be getting some shut eye as soon as the rhythmic stepping began but a part of me wasn't ready to relax.

I didn't know if I was safe, I didn't know who saved me.. all I knew is that the gash on my back was still there along with the one on my arm, and my life wasn't yet secured.

I peeled an eye open at the person carrying me, his eyes were almost an auburn red, like an old leaf that has fallen to the dusty floor.

His hair was dark but not as black as Poseidon's set of locks. I tried to recognize my surroundings but all I could see were trees.

I didn't know what his intentions were but I could barely stand let alone fight this stranger.

His strides were sure, confident. Like he knew the way he was meant to go.. I looked and saw a familiar field and almost sighed in relief.

He'd climbed a few steps and I heard the sound of a door opening. Suddenly another pair of arms wrapped beneath my body and pulled me into the cold skin, exchanging holds.

Poseidon.

My hands instantly wrapped around his shirt and held tightly, hoping that if I was in his arms no one else could get me.

"Did anyone else follow you?" I could hear the base in his voice, the hum of his vocals through his chest.

I almost relaxed.

"No," I heard the one that saved me speak.

Poseidon began to close the door, using his foot thanks to me occupying his hands, but his voice stopped him.

"Wait," the man before us said, "where is my payment?"

"Later!" Poseidon barked.

"Now, Poseidon."

"Fine," Poseidon spoke, "I understand your intentions aren't for the better.. brother."

"What I do with her is my business," the auburn eyed one spoke.

"Very well," Poseidon stiffened, "451 Juniper road, Oak Crest private library."

Poseidon began to close the door with his foot once, but the man before us stopped it again but with his hand.

"You're sending me to a library?" I could hear the anger in his voice even in my sedated state.

"You want to find her? Go there." Poseidon said.

And then I heard the door slam.

Poseidon's strides were few as I assume he used that power of his and warped us to my room from downstairs.

He walked into the bathroom and set me down on the counter. I was tortured, beaten and hit and starved.. yet somehow Poseidon manages to calm every nerve in my body, except for the one that's nervous around him.