Chapter Three

Luke's POV

*bzzzzz*.....
*bzzz bzzzzz bzzzzzz bzzzzzz bzzzzzz*

I woke up to the sound of my phone having a seizure and immediately hated whoever was causing it when I read that the clock said 3:54a.m. I groaned and reached around my night stand, knocking my lip balm to the floor in my groggy attempt at finding the bloody phone, ready to curse out whoever was spamming me. Once I had finally found it I was blinded only to recover and see it was Michael texting me.

Michael
-

Hey

-Hey Luke

-Lukieeee

-Luuuuuuke wake uppppp

-You can seriously be asleep, it's not even that lateeeee

-Luuuuke

I rolled my eyes, debating whether to actually answer him when he called me.
"oh hey you're awake"

"Michael it's three a.m. What could you POSSIBLY want from me?"

I could hear him giggle on the other end of the line before saying "let's go somewhere!"

I signed heavily, running my fingers through my hair before answering him. "Where in earth could you wanna go at three in the morning? Actually would you look at that, four in the morning" I glanced at my clock as I said that before rolling over in my bed. "Better yet, WHY are you so awake and cheery?"

"I dunno... I'm just not tired. So pleaseee go somewhere with me? We can go to the park and look at the stars if you want? I just don't want to be alone..." his tone grew solemn towards the end and I felt myself give in.

"Okay, okay, just let me get dressed"

About ten minutes later I was standing outside my house, still wondering why I was even doing this in the first place, when the smiley boy appeared in front of me.

"Thanks for actually coming, Lukey." he said, turning on his heel towards the direction of the park.

"Yeah, just know you owe me one."
He giggled, glancing back from his place a few steps ahead of me, before continuing his path.

As we sat on the grass, looking up at the stars, I couldn't help but to be curious why he wanted to be here. Michael's not usually one to wanna just stargaze when he could be sleeping. But then he also said he didn't wanna be alone....
"Mikey?"

"yeah?"

"why are we really out here?" he turned his head towards me slightly before looking back up at the sky.

"I dunno.... Like I said, just don't wanna be alone." there was a stillness after his words that seemed to go on forever.

"are you okay, man?" I asked finally, turning my whole body towards him. "You seem.... Off..."

He sighed, sitting up from his leaned back position, and shrugged. "I've been having nightmares- or rather 'night terrors'. Y'know, the ones where you wake up suddenly, scared and unaware of your surroundings. I just... I don't wanna go to sleep... They aren't exactly fun." he chuckled dryly.
I stood up from my place on the grass and offered him my hand, smiling gently.

"Well c'mon then. You've gotta sleep sometime so let's just go back to my place so I can be there for you." he stared up at me for a moment before nodding slightly, taking my hand to help him to his feet.

"thank you...." he whispered softly. I flashed him a smile in return and we walked back to my house, not once letting go of each other's hands.

• • •