Welcome to Wilmer's Shore

Diamond huffs as she rolls her suitcase behind her, carrying an extra bag around her shoulders. The two hour flight would have been relaxing if it wasn't a baby crying for most of the travel. While rushing to finish packing this morning, she forgot to grab her headphones, so she had to tolerate the annoying noise. She somehow grabbed her stupid MP3 player but forgot her headphones; she feels incredibly stupid. She doesn't have her cellphone or laptop because her parents took them away from her before her departure. They said something along the lines of teaching her discipline and showing her that she should not be dependent on electronic devices. 

Since her parents took her phone away, they had to discuss where Diamond's grandparents were going to meet her at the airport. They decided to meet her by the main entrance. So, Diamond looks around, trying to figure out how to get to the main entrance. It doesn't take her long before she is walking towards both of her grandparents. Her grandmother, Patricia, is wearing khaki shorts and a white t-shirt with some canvas shoes on, smiling at her widely. Her grandfather, Herman, is wearing a floral shirt and jeans from nearly a decade ago. She rolls her eyes behind the shades that she is wearing. She is not ready for what this summer has in store for her. She just knows it will be boring and she will be counting down the days until she can return home.

"Diamond, look how big you got! Herman, she's just as tall as a tree now." Patricia coos, as Diamond stands in front of her grandparents.

"I know I'm tall, granny. People tell me that everyday." She sighs, taking the bag off her shoulders. She swears she is starting to get burns from the strap rubbing against her shoulders.

"Give me a hug, baby. I ain't seen you since you were about this little." Patricia levels her hand out in midair, before she opens her arms wide.

Diamond gives her grandmother a big hug, who rocks both of their bodies from side to side. Diamond thinks it is safe to say that her grandmother really missed her. It's not as if Diamond hasn't talked to her grandparents in a long time because she has, she just hasn't seen them in person in a while. Her grandparents call nearly twice a week to keep up to date with their grandchildren, so she definitely has talked to them. She just doesn't know why it feels so awkward being with them right now.

"Hey granddaddy." Diamond says, pulling away from the hug with her grandmother and hugging her grandfather.

"Hey, Bug." He ruffles her hair, which makes her mad because it took her a good few minutes to perfect the pineapple hairdo. She also scowls at the nickname her grandfather gave her from when she was little. She liked messing with bugs outside when she was little and she used to bring them to her grandparents to show them. That's where she got her terrible nickname from that she is trying so desperately hard to forget.

"Well, we should go. We gotta long drive to the Shore." Herman grabs Diamond's duffel bag and carries it himself.

"Oh no granddaddy, you don't have to carry my bag. I got it." Diamond holds her hand out to grab the bag from him, but he just shakes his head.

"No, I got it." He shakes his head.

It is, in fact, a long drive to Wilmer's Shore. It is so long that Diamond has nothing else to do but fall asleep, so she misses the scenery Florida has to offer. She awakens when the car fully stops. She sees that they have arrived to her grandparent's small home in Wilmer's Shore.

"Welcome to Wilmer's Shore, baby." Patricia smiles at her from the front seat. "Now let's get out and get you unpacked so we can eat."