Churches

Alex's POV
     "What are you going here?" Mrs.Morganstern says. I'm not sure if the divorce has been finalized yet, so I don't know what to call her. I shift uncomfortably.
   "Um, is Ana here?" I ask. She glares daggers at me.
   "It's Anastasia to you," she says. I look away. "She's not here. She went to see Harper then to the church." I don't say another word to her before jogging off.
   ××××××××××
        I barge through the church doors. Ana snaps her head in my direction. "Why the hell didn't you tell me?" I demand. Her eyes widen.
   "Please watch your language in here," she says. I roll my eyes. "Are you mad?" She asks,stepping back from me. It hurts that she doesn't want me close.
   "Fuck yes I'm mad," I nearly yell. She pushes pass me. I follow her out and down the street.
   "You can't be cussing in their."
    "I don't give shit. I'm pissed off," I say. She looks away from me. I step closer to her, but she holds a hand out, stopping me. "I'm not mad at you; I'm mad at the situation. And the fact that you didn't tell me. Harper told me. Your supposed to tell me these things."
    She blinks back tears. "I couldn't," she says, her voice cracking. "I'm scared."
   "Of what? He's hou-"
    "Not of him. Of you." I just look at her in shock. What have I done. "I was scared that when you found out yo would see me as some whore or just think I'm easy. You have complete control over my feelings and that's scary. I was scared to tell you cause I don't want to lose you."
    I pull her close to me, not truly caring if it scares her. She buries her head in my chest, crying. I run my fingers through her hair. "I love you. Do you honestly think that I would leave you because of something you couldn't control?" 
    "I don't know," she cracks. I pull away and look at the burns, running my thumb along the one of her cheek. She flinches.
   "I'm not going to hurt you. Trust me?" She shakes her head.
    "Not yet." It hurt, but understandable.
     "Your going to tell your mom about this. I will drag you by your hair if I have to."
    "That would involve pulling my hair." I smirk.
   "I can be one kinky son of a bitch."
    ××××××××××
         Okay, I didn't pull her my her hair, but I did drag her by her arm. I close the door behind us when we get in her house. Her mom peaks her head out from the corner of the kitchen.
      "What's happening?" Her Mon asks, coming over to us. I nudge Ana with my elbow.
   "I need to talk to you about why I really wanted to come back home." Her moms faze turns to me for a split second, then she relaxes.
      ×××××××××××
      I don't know how she managed not to cry while talking about it, but she did. Mrs.Morganstern wipes away her tears. "I'm so sorry you felt like you couldn't tell me. Thank you," she says, looking at me. I raise my brows. "For making her tell me the truth. She wouldn't have if it weren't for you. I'm sorry for taking you the wrong. Knowing that someone killed their own brother can put a damper on ones perception of a person."
     Memories from that night come back, but fade when Ana places her hands on mine. "Your not the only one who thinks of me as a heartless monster." And I still am.

AN: What do you think that last line means? Comment and share!! Stay alive |-/       -Veah