Prologue

Echizen Rei looked up at the clouds and sighed, she is finally back in Japan.

She picked up her racket and told her dad, "Oyaji, please go easy on me."

Her dad snorted and said, "Go easy on you you say? You're right, I'll have to go easy on you." Nanjirou served and it was an ace.

Rei hmphed and sighed again. She smirked, she is still mada mada, she still has lots more to work on.

She activated one-footed split step and tried to change and vary her returns.

Nanjirou smirked and said,"Mada mada dane." In the end, Nanjirou took the lead, 30-0.

After the game ended, 6-0, Rei huffed out, "Someday, you'll have to play seriously and I'll be able to play on par with you."

Nanjirou smirked and said, "You think it's that easy to play on par with me? You still have a long way to go little girl," while ruffling her hair.

---

At the dinner table, Rinko, her mother, asked Rei, "By the way Rei, where do you plan to go to school? School starts in a month."

Nanjirou replied, "What do you mean where? Of course, it's going to be Seigaku!"

Rinko was about to reply but Rei interrupted their banter and said, "Actually, I'm thinking of going to Rikkaidai."

Nanjirou,"B-b-but, Rei-chan, you have to go to Seigaku!!"

"Seigaku would have been fine but I want to challenge the national champions and see where my skill level is at immediately," Rei replied.

Nanjirou sighed, "Can't be helped then, but you have to come back here every once in a while, this old man will have no one to play tennis with. Don't just stay in your dorms."

"Haaaaiii!"