Genichirou Sanada vs Echizen Rei

The next day, Rei played a game with her dad even though she could only play with her right eye. As usual, she lost.

The day after that, her mom drove her back to school in Rikkaidai.

After one more day, her eyelid was practically healed and she no longer has to wear an eye patch.

"Today we will be testing your speed and stamina, you will be doing laps around the court," said Renji.

"Those who fail will be drinking the Penal Tea," grinned Renji evilly.

Most of the members failed the test and in the end, only the regulars including Yagyuu were able to make the cut. The last player who finishes the final lap will have to drink the Penal Tea but in the end, the lap was finished with a tie from all the regulars, Yagyuu included.

"Che, do we really have to train this hard? We won all our matches 3-0, and I didn't even get to play a game," complained Kirihara.

"Stop complaining Akaya, we are aiming to be national champions, this kind of training is necessary," Renji reprimanded.

"What are you all staying on the ground for, get up, you can't be tired from just running," scolded Sanada.

All the regulars stood up.

"We will be doing practice matches. Rei your opponent is Sanada," said Yukimura.

Rei felt excitement coursing through her, finally, she will get to face one of the three demons of Rikkaidai.

"Marui your opponent is Jackal."

"Who will be mine?" Kirihara asked. "Me," Yukimura replied.

"Che, buchou again?! Give me a break. This time I won't lose to you," said Kirihara. All the regulars snickered.

"This is the senpais showing their love to you Akaya, just accept it," said Renji.

"Niou your opponent is Renji. Yagyuu will be facing Kobayakawa," continued Yukimura.

Rei went to court A and waited for Sanada. The game started and Sanada already got two aces from her.

"As expected, you're good but I won't let it end like this," said Rei and she started jumping up and down.

"Split Step, huh," said Sanada.

Rei was able to return the ball, however, Sanada was already there and the point went to Sanada again. 40-0.

Rei tried numerous techniques, however, all of which were returned by Sanada.

Strength, speed, and control, all of which were a cut above hers.

"Know your limits, only then will you be able to break through those limits," said Sanada to Rei.

Rei was shocked, she was Dango (A/N: 6-0 if I remember correctly). What's worse was she was not able to get a single point in the whole one set match.

She was dispirited.

"Heh, so Rei-chan lost, huh. As expected," she heard Kirihara saying. However, she did not respond to Kirihara's words as she is still in a state of shock.

Kirihara noticed Rei's non-reponse and immediately hugged her into a neck-like grip. "That's normal. You shouldn't be so shocked. You almost remind me of my previous self when I lost to the Three Demons."

However, Rei did not respond to him. Kirihara got worried and loosened his grip on her. He wondered if this was how he was when he lost to the Three Demons but it was so long ago that he couldn't remember.

"Hey your strings snapped," noticed Kirihara. "I know a place where you can restring your racket. I'll show you tomorrow after school."

Rei vaguely heard Kirihara but her mind was still on the game and how she lost, so she exited the tennis courts without saying a single word.