Intra-School Ranking Competition

After a month of basic training and training with pitching machines, Rei found out that it was time for the Intra-School Ranking Competition. She made friends with several first year boys which turned out to be her classmates – Kai, Katsuro, and Okubo. While, they managed to pass the screening test, in her eyes, they still are 'mada mada'.

"Rei! There you are! Have you seen which block you are on?" Kai asked.

"No, I just got here."

"Come, I'll show you the posting, hurry up! By the way I'm on block A," Kai said.

"Hmm.."

Rei followed Kai shortly and found that she was in D block. "Oh you're in D block," Kai said, "You are up against the regulars Jackal Kuwahara and Yagyuu Hiroshi."

Rei didn't know who those regulars were, regulars usually stay in different courts from the new recruits, "You're knowledgeable Kai."

"Hehe, I'm up against the regulars - Yukimura Seiichi and Kirihara Akaya - in A block"

"Good luck then!" Rei said. Truthfully, she'd rather be in A block. She can defeat the overconfident seaweed-haired guy and also the captain of Rikkaidai. Rei went to her designated court and defeated her opponents 6-0.

During lunch break Rei and her friends reconvened for lunch. "Wow Rei you're still undeafeated. I already lost two times," Katsuro said.

"Hmm.. they were just mada mada" Rei replied.

"You're good, I already lost twice and lost my chance at being a regular," said Kai.

"There's always next time," Rei replied.

"What about you Okubo?" Katsuro asked.

Okubo was silent at first then replied, "1-1".

After that, the four of them ate lunch silently.

--

Rei entered the tennis court and saw a violet-haired guy with opaque glasses.

"Hmm.. so you're the girl Kirihara was talking about. Nice to meet you. I'm Yagyuu Hiroshi"

"So my opponent's a regular this time eh? Interesting, nice to meet you senpai, Echizen Rei here"

"I may be called the gentleman of the court but don't think I'll let you off easy just because you're a girl," Yagyuu said

"Gentleman of the court, huh," Rei muttered

Rei played the game and soon enough the record was 4-4 even though Yagyuu showed his laser beam technique. Rei started off with her right hand but she soon switched to her left hand.

--

"A leftie! Hmm.. this girl is interesting!" said Yukimura

"So she is somewhat strong to be able to tie Yagyuu-senpai!" said Kirihara "I want to play her!"

'Should I have let Kirihara play Rei before' Sanada thought.

"Hiroshi, don't lose, puri" said Niou Masaharu.

After an intense rally, the game ended with 6-4 and Rei won.

"Wow she beat a regular," exclaimed the spectators.

"That girl's strong"

"I think I'm in love" murmurs were heard from the crowd.

--

"I lost but nice game," said Yagyuu. 'Truly a gentleman' Rei thought while accepting Yagyuu's handshake.

--