~The Crate~

SECOND YEAR

The train station was buzzing with students, making Posey just as nervous as before. She held onto the ever familiar crate that held Elliott, too scared to put it on the cart Will was steering.

"Bye mum!" She grinned and waved.

"Why don't you put Elliott on the cart?" Will's head poked up from the towering pile.

"I don't know," she said nervously. "I saw the way you steered it on the way over here, and I don't want my cat to end up like your rat did."

"Hey! Seymour was deformed before I crashed the cart!"

Posey giggled and stood on her toes to put the cat crate on top. "I will give you the benefit of the doubt, just this once. Don't screw it up."

Will smiled and looked into her eyes, tensing when they wandered to her cheekbone. "Hey, Posey?"

She looked at him, raising an eyebrow at his expression. "What? Did you just notice my bruise is gone?"

"Well, I did notice, but now it's kind of back..."

Groaning, she put her head in her hands. "It's been doing this all summer! I thought it was finally gone!"

He shook his head, biting back a laugh. "Sorry, you're still the bruise faced, pink haired girl that I adore."

Feeling her cheeks redden, Posey kept her head down and tried to push the cart.

Grabbing the handles, Will stood next to her and pushed it forward, keeping his eyes up on the stack. A child, likely a first year, holding an owl cage darted in front of them, and he yanked back suddenly to not hit him. Posey smacked her face into the boxes, cringing. "Thanks Will," she muttered and hurried to the front, silently praying Elliott was okay.

She looked up to see if the crate was still on top, and thankfully it was. The cart began rolling forward once more, leaving Posey like a deer in the headlights. Something grabbed her arm and yanked her away. She turned to see that 'something' was Newt. He had a playful grin on his face, and his reddish hair hung over his blue eyes just as it always had.

Before he could get a simple greeting out, Posey had her arms wrapped tightly around his torso, smiling and laughing.

"Glad I caught you," he got out, hugging her back.

"Your timing couldn't have been more perfect." She slowly let go and studied him for a moment. Pickett poked out of his pea coat lapel and skittered onto his shoulder. "You've brought Pickett again!"

Newt nodded and let him climb into his hands. "I couldn't leave him behind, he wouldn't let me!" Grinning, he lifted his hand to her. "You want to hold him?"

Nodding, Posey put her hand under Newt's, eyes focused intently on the bowtruckle. It quickly moved to her hand and climbed up her arm. Giggling, she turned her attention back to Will and the cart.

"I really appreciate your help moving the luggage Posey," he said sarcastically, holding her cat crate out to her. "Oh, hello Newt."

"Hello Will," he said politely, avoiding his gaze.

If any of Newt's shy habits had changed, Posey would have noticed now. No change occurred, for he was still the socially anxious (and adorable, in Posey's opinion) person he'd always been.

The hustle and bustle of the train station filled the silence until Posey awkwardly spoke up. "The train'll be leaving soon, should we board?" The boys nodded and followed her through 9 3/4 and onto the train.

Saoirse was already sitting in a compartment with Lyric, both jumping up immediately to hug Posey. "It's been since, what, July?" Nodding, Posey set Elliott's crate on the bench.

"You got to see Saoirse, but not me?" Newt acted offended.

"Newt, you live miles away, and I have too many sibling to actually travel. And before you ask, I don't have a fireplace either." Grinning, she sat down next to him.

Shortly after the train began moving, Lyric left for the other fifth years. Will had to move next to Saoirse after he kept insulting Newt's creature illustrations, leaving him and Posey curled up together with his sketchbook, both adding to the drawings.

Their relationship only began to grow from there.

Hey guys!

I am traveling a lot, and I have had a ton of writing inspiration, so I will be updating a lot in the next week or so!

Also, ONE OF MY FRIENDS IS MAKING POSEY X NEWT FANART AND I'M PUMPED.

Special thanks to @Fandoms-Welcome-Here for helping me with these next few chapters

< Jella >