~Inside The Case~

A/N: I will add a pic later, but I'm doing everything on an iPad, so yep...

THIRD YEAR

"Posey Ambers!" A pair of hands grabbed her shoulders, sending her whirling around in surprise. She faced Newt, holding his eye. "You need to get your hair cut again before I go blind," he teased.

"You're one to speak, Newton 'My-hair-hangs-majestically-over-my-face' Scamander," she retorted, pushing his hair off his forehead.

"Wait, what?" He started laughing, his freckled cheeks tinting red.

"Never mind, what did you scare me for?" She folded her arms.

"Oh, right! I wanted to show you something, but-"

"But... what?"

A look of seriousness crossed Newt's face. "Never tell anyone, or I will be receiving a lot of howlers in the next few years."

"As funny as that would be, I won't tell anyone." She mimicked his expression before bursting into laughter.

He shook his head, a small smile hidden. "Just meet me in the common room during break, okay?"

"Whatever you say, Newton." Posey grinned when she saw the frustrated look on his face. She knew how much he hated his full name.

"Posey," he whined. "Stop calling me that, you know I don't like it."

"All the more reason for me to keep doing it." She paused, grinning. "Newton Artemis Fido Scamander."

"Shut up!"

/*

Grinning, Newt bolted out of class, narrowly dodging Professor Dumbledore on the way out. Posey caught up with him, shoving him from behind. "So what is this incredible thing you are going to show me, Newton?"

Ignoring her attempt to bother him, he rolled his eyes. "If you want to know, then hurry up!" Newt almost instinctively grabbed her hand and raced forward, pulling Posey with him.

He was so wrapped up in trying to get into the Hufflepuff common room he messed up the combination, and was promptly doused with vinegar. Posey escaped the on pour and laughed hysterically at the sight of Newt soaked from head to toe. Smirking, she successfully opened the door and walked in.

Pushing his wet curls off his face, he went into the boys dormitory and came out with his suitcase. He sat on the floor to avoid getting the sofa wet.

"Newt, I'm sorry, but you've already shown me your case. Remember?" She mindlessly ran her fingers over the bruise.

"Er, yes, but-" He looked up at her and smiled. "I've made a slight modification to it." Without hesitation, Newt clicked the case open and disappeared inside.

Eyes wide, Posey kneeled next to the case and looked inside.

Newt came up the spiral staircase that lead to the opening and helped her down.

The spiral staircase lead to an open workshhop, with a table in the corner filled with jars and sacks of various plants and magical items. The wooden floor morphed into a dirt path, and various habitats stretched out beyond. The entire suitcase wasn't incredibly large, but about the side of a master bedroom.

"How did you do all this?" Posey slowly walked around the habitat.

"Professor Dumbledore, he's been helping me with expansion charms. I'm hoping to make it a lot bigger, and have a ton more habitats!"

"Would you do me the honor of leading me on a tour?"

Newt blushed red. "I-I, oh, um, sure!"

/*

After break, Posey and Newt wandered to their final class, hand in hand. They were immediately scolded for being truant, and had to sit in the back with all the Slytherins. One of them passed Newt a note when they thought Posey wasn't looking.

'Is she your girlfriend or something?'

Posey glanced over.

'I guess?'

Yikes...

Newt is screwed.

Thanks again to Fandoms-Welcome-Here for the prompts and motivation ❤️

< Jella >