blood

blood still stains when the sheets are washed
sex don't sleep when the lights are off
kids are still depressed when you dress them up
and syrup is still syrup in a sippy cup

;

july 2011

it was the year of 2011 when kim jennie first saw her.

it was the usual training day. exercise, vocals, dancing, rapping. the same cycle all over and over again. jennie was getting tired of it already. but then she came.

she was holding a small water bottle as she took slow steps upon entering the room, eyes automatically scanning each and every person she encounters. finding her wasn't hard since she was the only one not doing anything other than scratching her head repeatedly.

a new trainee, jennie thought. she knows what it felt like, going into some place and experience rigorous training. the same thing happened to her a few years ago, but she let her passion fire her veins and ignored every bruise or aches in her body.

eventually, she did something other than head-scratching. giving shy smiles, always looking down, fidgeting with her hands, and attempting to make small talk with other trainees were not exactly the right way to impress people, but at least she tried.

jennie scoffed at her ridiculous actions. she debated with her conscience on whether to talk to her or to just stare at her.

in the end, she decided to just go on with the first option.

with all her confidence, she slowly walked towards the new girl and observed her features as she went in closer.

wavy brown hair, mesmerizing chocolate eyes, and lips that fit her beautiful features. that was a real, natural beauty.

for jennie, she was her version of the greek goddess aphrodite.

when their bodies were a few inches away, she decided to make her move.

"excuse me?" she tapped her shoulder. the girl stopped talking to the other trainee and faced her with a shining smile. "you must be new here. i'm kim jennie."

and then, out of a sudden, she laughed.

an ear-pleasing, enjoying laugh.

little did she knew, it became jennie's new favorite sound.

"actually, i am." the girl held out her right hand. "kim jisoo, nice to meet you."