A Fight and Kisses

(Your P.O.V.)

It's hard trying to go around in my business without people noticing a big hump on my right shoulder while also being the top of the class and really shy; you'd think you could be left alone. But no. Fucking, Veronica had to butt into my business during gym, and ask why I don't change in the girls locker room. I change in the bathrooms of the school because of how I need to apply the cooling spray and clothes on correctly, can be challenging with a million girls around. Not literally, but, you know.

Of course, I gave an answer that said, 'I don't really like being around other people.' But, she called BS on me, and I was caught. Later that day, Veronica showed up with her friends near my apartment, and picked a fight with me. The three girls threw down my books, and tripped me, making me fall face flat onto the ground. They gave me several bruises, cuts, scratch marks, and even the marking of the tip of one of their heels.

I limped to my apartment, and shut the door, panting, leaning against the closed door. My shoulder ached badly, since they kicked me there a few times. My phone rang, and I fished it out of my bag, answering it. "Yes, hello, this is (Y/N) (L/N), how may I help you?" On the other line, it was Sousuke.

"Don't have to be so formal with me, (Y/N). How are you, I haven't seen you since last week. Gou told me that you've been doing work and school for the last couple of days, non-stop." He said, and at that moment, I knew, that I was straining my breath. "Ah, y-yes, um, I have to call you back, I'm a bit busy." "W-Wait!" "Goodbye." I said, and sighed, limping to the bathroom to get myself cleaned up.

I slipped my clothes off, and stared at myself in the mirror, examining the cuts and bruises I had on my face. There was a huge bruise forming on my already swollen right shoulder, which made me flinch. I slowly took the cast off, and stared at the blackish bruise forming. Tears swelled in my eyes and I gripped the edge of the sink. "Why....why did I have to be so selfless!?" Tears ran down my face, dropping into the sink and going down the drain.

I turned the shower on, and waited for half a second to let it heat up, and stepped in. It was... relaxing, to say the least. The cuts let the blood go down the drain, kinda cleaning the deeper cuts. The scratches were long gone by now, but the bruises will be gone sooner than later, hopefully. I washed my body, turned it to cold water, so my shoulder could get something efficient to help it, and stepped out, turning off the shower.

I grabbed a (F/C) towel, and walked out of the room, heading towards the dresser to get some undergarments, and a shirt to sleep in. Once I got all dressed, cast and all, a knock sounded on my door. Sousuke was behind the door, waiting to come in, with a small blush on his face. I sighed and said, "Hey, what brings you here?" I opened the door fully to let him in, not remembering what happened earlier.

"Would you like some tea?" I asked, and it seemed he hadn't noticed the cuts and bruises.....yet. He nodded politely and sat down at the low table, and I grabbed some cups, and made green tea. I brought it over once it was finished, and that's when he noticed the bruises that were on my arms and face, along with cuts on my legs and arms. "What happened?" I looked up with a sudden look at him, and asked, "What?"

He motioned to my body, and asked again, "What happened? Why do you have cuts and bruises all over you? And are those scratch marks?!" I blinked, and looked down, then looked back up. "These... these, w-well, I, uh, I was at the gym and tripped on a treadmill, and there happened to be a lady with a tool box behind me, and I f-fell on her, and-" "Why are you lying?" He asked, and gave a look that said he knew what I was trying to avoid.

I sighed, and looked down at the cup of green tea in my hands. "These... group of girls, they followed me home, and, decided it was a great idea to pick a fight with me, so they threw down my books, and when I was trying to get them, they tripped me and started kicking me, scratching me..." His eyes went wide when I told him, and he looked pissed. "P-Please don't find them! I don't want something like this happening again!"

(Sousuke's P.O.V.)
"I don't want something like this happening again!" It almost seems like this has happened to her before. While I was spacing out in class, like usual, a small piece of folded paper landed on my desk near my hand. I grabbed it and unfolded it, and it said, "Dude, you ok? You seem to be a little spacey. Somethin' happened between you and (Y/N)? -Rin" I rolled my eyes, and wrote back, "No, I'm just a little bit worried about something, that's all." I passed back the paper, and it didn't come back.

(Somewhere in the Space-Time Continuum, Writer-chan decided to speed it up)

(Your P.O.V.)
I looked in my satchel and grabbed my iPod and ear buds, turning on one of my favorite American band's, Panic! At The Disco, songs Death of a Bachelor. I walked home, having pepper spray, and a ruler on me this time. Maybe I could fend myself now. I saw Rin and Sousuke walking and talking, heading to my apartment. The place wasn't clean enough to have two visitors! It was fine to have Sousuke over because it was late!

I tried my best to look like I wasn't there, but Rin just had to turn his head around and see me, now didn't he!? Curse you, fate! Rin smiled his shark-like tooth smile and said, "Hey, (Y/N)! We were just talking about you! Mind if we crash at your place tonight? My roommate is moving out of the apartment and needs to have silence to do this." Bullshit. I thought, but smiled, and nodded, saying, "Yeah, I don't mind at all!"

We walked in a semi comfortable silence, the awkward part being with Sousuke. I shook my head. NO, NO! I can't be falling in love now! Last time I did, I was in true heartbreak! How can a swimmer like him, like a girl-who-rescued-a-small-child like me?! He deserves way better than just me!

I unlocked the door to my apartment, had a minor panic attack at the pile of clothes and books strewn around the room, and shut the door after the two, making Jasmine-chi and Green Tea. I was wearing leggings and a long sleeved shirt today, so nobody was able to notice the cuts and bruises I had, except for the few on my face, but I always said I ran into a cement wall while running. It was really quiet while we were sitting at the table, just waiting for one of us to start a conversation, until Sousuke coughed into his fist, and asked, "Are you okay? You look a little stressed..." I sighed, and said, "I wished you guys would've called me, so I could've arrived before you and cleaned up a bit." 

I stood up, and started picking up some of the clothes, throwing them into the laundry basket. After that was done, Sousuke and Rin had a conversation over the next swim competition, and how they would destroy the Iwatobi Swim Team this time. I picked up the books and organized them by subject, genre, and alphabetical order, then sat down next to Sousuke, sipping on my cooled-down tea. Rin stood up and went to the bathroom, and that instant, I did not know how fast Sousuke could move until now. He had his hands on my cheeks in a delicate touch, making sure not to touch my bruises and/or cuts. 

His brow upon mine made my cheeks a bright red, our chests pressing against each other, and I couldn't help but let out a tiny squeak. He spoke, the air from his breath hitting my lips, "(Y/N), I need to know, do you, l-like...like me?" My breathe hitches in my throat, and my eyes are looking into those beautiful teal ones, and I can't help but kiss him, right then and there, letting my emotions go through that one kiss. He seemed a little surprised, but kissed back nonetheless, and then, there was a tiny cough, making me pull back and look behind me. Rin had a large shark-like smirk on his face, and said, "Wow, look at who confessed while I went away. Now you gotta tell me the details."

Sousuke gave a glare, and I hid my face in Sousuke's chest, a bright blush on my cheeks, and Rin gave a whole-hearted laugh.