Chapter eight

Marinette this is seriously getting annoying ! shouted Adrien

Why ?! what did I do wrong this time ?!

Didn't you realise he was totally drooling over you ?!

No way.

Yes way! But you're just too dense to realise it!

What do you want me to do about it uh? Not talk to other guys ?

NO ! JUST TELL PEOPLE WE'RE DATING!

Adrien we've talked about this already..

oh yeah! and what? are you just to ashamed of dating me you don't want anything to know?

No you idiot! You are one of the most well-known model in France ! If we start dating everyone will know! We'll be first page in every magazine!

So what? What is the problem with everyone knowing?!

I don't want to be followed by paparazzis everywhere Adrien.

Whatever. Maybe you don't even like me !

Adrien immediately regretted his words. He had gone to far. He could already see Marinette's eyes watering, her lips shaking...

I have loved you for the past year! It took me over 5 months to build up enough courage to be able to say one word after the other in your presence! Bursted Marinette as fat tears dropped down her cheeks.

He knew she was right. When they first met, Marinette wouldn't even risk making eye contact. He watched as Marinette ran out the room in tears.

He took his head in his hands and closed his eyes.

" This isn't my fault. She just paranoïde... right ?" Answerless questions flew through his brain. He couldn't think anymore. The image of Marinette's face with teary eyes reappeared in his mind. He hated when she cried...

***

During a shopping activity downtown. Marinette had gone off by her own. She needed to think, organise her brain.

She walked in a busy street then turned in a small, uncrowded alley. She stopped and sighted. She was completely lost...

She looked around. The alley was really narrow and the buildings really high; It was pretty dark.

She heard some footsteps. Her heart beat faster. She was scared.

Marineeette...

She recognized that voice, but someone else was with her, Three.. no four people were behind her. She slowly turned around. She considered with horror the four silhouettes in the dark alley. Chloe, Lila and two other guys she had never seen before.

The two guys were huge, very muscular and... pretty dangerous overall. Before she could do anything someone grabbed her from behind and blocked her mouth with their hand.

He lifted her off the ground. Marinette was terrified. She didn't know what to do. The evil laughs of Chloe and Lila weren't really helping either.

So Marinette. I heard you're going out with Adrien ? Said Chloe with a disgusted expression.

She strongly slapped Marinette.

Could you have forgotten he's MY man ? She continued.