Chapter twelve

"Hawkmoth.... the girl... she's alive..."

"That's not possible, she's dead. See her pulse is.... normal?"

"I think we underestimated their power."

***

"Hey Mari?" Adrien asked, his head leaning on her thighs.

" Mmh?" She hummed, as she played with his hair and looked down at him.

He turned his head to face and asked.

"Don't you think it's weird?"

"What?"

"That you got killed by a cutter?" Her hands froze as she heard the question.

"Yeah..." Marinette looked into nothingness as she frowned, her eyebrows crunching. She stay a few minutes silent then, suddenly, her face went pale as her eyes widened.

" Hey wait a second... That girl... no way..."

" What Mari? did you figure something out?" Adrien said sitting up.

" She played us.. right from the start. I knew there was something with the way she acted."

"I'm not sure i'm following." Adrien said.

" Look, this Michelle bitch comes, she gets you wrapped around her finger then bam! she makes me understand she is playing you and she hates me. Girls aren't stupid Adrien, she knew perfectly how it would make me feel. She knew i would get akamaized, that's why she was running around with a cutter in her bag. Next she blames it on me because i 'attacked' her as an akuma and kills me. Don't you get it?"

Adrien frowned, he understood but didn't know were she was going with this.

"Easy, this whole thing was a test. She was testing us."Marinette concluded.

"Why the hell would Michelle want to test us?" Adrien objected.

Marinette rolled her eyes.

"Ever heard of ' there's always a smart brain behind evil actions'? It's pretty obvious to me, Michelle is a spy for hawkmoth!"

***

Adrien's eyes widended. It was the last peace of the puzzle. It all made sence now. He frouned.

"So what are we going to do?" He asked.

" I have an idea." Marinette replied, an evil grin on her face.

***

Adrien: hey um.. Michelle.. How have you been doing? The truth is since that time at the museum, i haven't stopped thinking about you. I was thinking we could grab a bite sometime?

Michelle: Will your girlfriend be there?

Adrien: who? I don't have a girlfriend.

Michelle: that girl with the pigtails, you can tell me you know. I'm not dumb.

Adrien: Yeah sorry; it's just that she wants to keep it a secret. It kind of annoys me. I feel like she only likes me for my money.

Michelle: want to talk? i can listen.

Adrien: yeah thanks.

"She fell for it." Adrien yelled.

"I'm coming!" Marinette shouted from the bedroom.

She came down the stairs and walked towards Adrien. She sat next to him on the couch and read the messages.

"Don't be too sure okay. Maybe she is just playing us." She said.

"Of course princess, i'll be carefull." He answered wrapping his arm around her shoulder and kissing her forehead.

she smiled and leaned into his chest.

***

"Hey Michelle!" Adrien said waving over to her, already sitting at a table.

"Hey Adrien!" he answered, sitting across him.

"So, have you been doing okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine, but how have you been. Are you not guilty you're cheating on your girlfriend" She asked, looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Well yeah.. But i feel like it's worth it." He said, looking at her and touching her hand.

She blushed. She was employed by hawkmoth but she did have feelings for Adrien, she had always been a big fan.

They started going on dates together more and more often. Michelle was really conscious at first but then slowly started to forget she was being employed by hawkmoth. Hawkmoth new Marinette and Adrien had never been akumatized so he assumed that if they did, the akuma would have been extremely powerful. He was right. Marinette's akuma was the most powerfull they had ever created. Her job had been to get either of them akumatized, in other words her jib was done. So she had all the rights to enjoy her time with her new boyfriend.

She looked at him and he smiled. They were currently having some ice cream near a park. She smiled back and looked at her feet.

"I wasn't completely honest with you." SHe said.

He didn't say anything but looked at her and listened.

"I was hired by hawkmoth, as in the villain, to get Marinette akumatized. It was all my fault, i'm sorry." She said, faking some tears. She was absolutely not sorry for what she had done. It had given her the opportunity to go out with the one she loved, which was pretty amazing.

"It's okay. He said. I'm actually grateful, without him, i would never have met you."

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too." He replied.

They both smiled then Michelle took his hand and led him behind a tree. He smiled and looked at her with loving eyes. She blushed.

"You get a kiss if you tell me where hawkmoth is." He whispered in her ear.

"Why would you want to know." She giggled.

"I want to thank him personally, for what he did for us." He said.

She smiled then answered.

"I can take you there if you want." Perfect this was perfect. She was going to bring the guy to hawkmoth. He was going to be so proud of her. SHe grinned then took his hand and started running towards the said lair.

Adrien grabbed her hand tighter. They were nearly there, he was going to find out where hawkmoth lived!

They stopped in front of a small house. She opened the door, leading him inside. We walked up the stairs to an abandoned attic.

"Here it is." She said.

Adrien nearly laughed. Who would have known Paris most feared super villain lived in the attic of a small house.

They both entered the attic and his eyes widened. Hundreds of white butterflies flew over, uncovering a tall figure in the middle of the room. The person turned around, revealing a silver mask and blue eyes.

"You have done a good job Michelle, you may leave now." Hawkmoth said, looking at Michelle with eyes piercing through the room.

She didn't say a word and left. Leaving the two men in the room. She closed the door behind her then saw a flash of purple before falling unconscious.

A/N: Hey guys, thus story is slowly getting to an end. I know it kind of took a fucked up turn but please tell me if you liked it anyway.

BAI!