Light Fairy

"Things are not always as they seem; the first appearance deceives many;the intelligence of a few perceives what has carefully been hidden

the intelligence of a few perceives what has carefully been hidden."
————————————————————————

I am walking through the woods, desperately trying to find my way out.

I know that there is something chasing after me, and I know that if it catches me, I am dead.

I hear a loud roar from far away, and I start running faster, tears running down my face.

"Help!" I call out to the empty darkness, "Someone help me! Please!"

I shoot straight up, gasping for breath, my head and the nape of my neck is wet with sweat.
What was that awful creature?
Why did it want to kill me?

My heart is beating a mile a minute. I stare around the room, soaking in my surroundings. It takes me a couple seconds to remember that I am in the home of Cedilia, not the forest. It isn't much of a relief though. As I calm down, the remnants of my nightmare begins to slip away.

I curse at myself for allowing myself to sleep as I get out of the giant bed. The room is more vibrant than it had been last night, the silver walls giving it an illuminated look. The floor is cold to the touch, and I notice that my feet are bare.

The pink slippers sit together beside me, and I carefully slide them on, before exiting the small bedroom.
There is no one around, I could try to run away, but I don't. I haven't the slightest clue of where I am. If I tried, I am sure to get caught. My best bet is to try to confront this beast again. Maybe I can reason with her.

I begin wondering the castle in search of Cedilia.
Somehow, I manage to find the bathing room again, where I find another bath set up, as well as a new dress.
Where is my old dress?

As I bathe, I glance out at the balcony longingly.
If I wasn't being held captive by a dragon-woman, I think, I'd actually want to go out there.

I sigh, trying to quickly finish up.
Suddenly, the door opens, and someone walks in. It is Cedilia, in her human form. I gasp and sink deep into the bath, only my eyes and nose sticking out.

Cedilia's eyes meets mine and she lets out a chuckle.
"Well," she says, "this bath was originally for me, but you seem to be enjoying yourself."
She smiles, holding a white towel in her arms.

I can't help the blush that spreads across my face.

"I apologize for last night," she continues, walking forward, "I shouldn't have behaved that way."
"No, you shouldn't have," I say, lifting my head up from the water.
"Forgive me, I promise I will tell you my plans. Just please don't try to leave yet, okay?" She tilts her head at me.
"You have until tonight," I relent, hating myself for giving in so easily.