Chapter 9

As I ran through the Anomaly I heard Riley screaming my name but I didn't care. I just wanted those dogs out of the school. I arrived in some sort of forest but I didn't stop I just kept running and I noticed a tree with a branch low enough for me too climb. I quickly climbed as high as I could and the dogs surrounded the tree. My god there's loads of them probably 20 or so.

I can just see the Anomaly in the distance, I didn't even realise I ran that far. I've got nothing to stop my bleeding to I just keep wiping it on my jeans which probably isnt the best idea.
Ive no idea what to do now, but I know I need to get back before that Anomaly closes. I grab one EMD and start to shoot the dogs. Oh god! It's so warm here and not like a sunny warm. It was damp and very miserable but the heat was dry. It was really hard to breathe. I take a few deep breaths and think about my next move.

Seconds later I heard a massive growl it was so loud that I could feel the tree shake. My eyes looked to where the growl was coming from and it was a massive Hyaenodon. I couldn't believe how big it was. Is that the Alpha?!
As the dogs focused on the massive Hyaenodon I quietly climbed down the tree. I started to run to the Anomaly of course stepping on twigs as I do so.

I turned around and a few dogs were looking at me including the Alpha. Great!
I started to run so fast that I felt my heart about to leap out my chest.
I finally arrive at the Anomaly and without looking back I run through and collapsed on the floor.

"Lock it!" I shout at Connor and he quickly locked it. I flung my head back while I tried to control my breathing. Didn't realise how much I loved the air.

"What the hell were you playing at!" Riley shouted at me.

"Your welcome" I said sarcastically lying on the floor.

"Lester wants us back. Now" Jenny said and I look at her and she's holding her phone by her ear. Great! Lester is going to be so pissed.

***

We arrive back at the A.R.C and everyone hasnt rrally spoken to me since we left the school. Becker got inside an land rover which sped to the A.R.C so he can go to medical.
Sam and Tom got spoken to by Jenny and had to sign the official secrets act to keep quiet about what they saw today. I can't believe they had to witness that. I'm still pretty annoyed with Sam though, I need to speak to Becker. Even though there is no chance he's into me, he seemed annoyed when he was told Sam was my boyfriend.
We get out the cars and everyone walks on leaving me trailing behind, making me feel like a child. I quickly grab Riley's arm making her slow down and walk next to me.

"Whats with you" I said quietly.

"You could've gotten yourself killed" she snapped at me and then walked further in front. Why is everyone over reacting?

I walk slowly behind everyone while we walked through the main corridor. Abby went to check on the creatures that they have here and the rest of us walked through to the main hall where Lester was waiting.

"Addy. My office now" his voice was serious. He was in his buisness suit like always, I dont think he ever changes. I slowly followed him up the ramp and into his office. He took a seat and sat opposite with the table between us.
"So are you going to tell me what your intentions were?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"You broke our number one rule which is DON'T RUN THROUGH THE ANOMALY!" he screamed.
"So I'm going to ask you again. What were your intentions?" he said in a calmer tone.

"I was trying to help. There was no way they would've went back through willingly" I stated.

"You had your EMD's"

"The EMD's were useless ask any of them" I raised my voice.

"Then you ask for better resources. You don't run through an Anomaly and put your life at risk" she said with his voice a little raised.
"Addy you disobeyed a direct order from your superior" he continued.

"I thought I was doing the right thing. I can see that it wasn't and it won't happen again" I said a little quieter, I feel like a child and I'm being told off.

"The right thing. No the right thing to do was wait on back up, you stupid little girl!" he shouted at me. Wow harsh, I've not been called that since my dad. A Flashback started to form as he was continuing to shout at me.

Flashback

"You're a stupid little girl!"

"I'm sorry Daddy. Please don't, I'll pick up my toys now"

"You stupid fucking little girl. Get here now!" He screamed at me

End of Flashback

"Are you listening to me" he raised his voice which snapped my out of the memory just in time.

"Yes. I'm sorry and like I said it won't happen again. I promise" I stated

"Sorry isn't going to cut it this time Addy! You were reckless and for that I'm going to put you on a suspension" he said sternly.

"What!" I shouted.

"For a week" 

"Please. I promised it wouldnt happen again" I pleaded.

"Well the thing is saying a promise and living upto them are two different things. Now I would like you to go and I will see you back here in seven days" he said and looked down and his papers.

I stood up and walked out his office and stormed down the ramp and made my way to the bathroom. I take out my ear piece and I punch one of the stall doors. I take a step back and lean against the sinks taking a deep breath and start to think.

__________

"Mum you promised he wouldn't hurt me anymore" I pleaded as my mum cleaned my face.

"I'm sorry but you have to stop annoying your father. He's a good man you just need to behave" my mum said with no emotion.

___________

I take a few deep breaths. It's been such a shit show of a day. I continue with my deep breaths and I turn around and put cold water over my face. Once I've calmed down I head to the medical ward. I need to see Becker.