Chapter 15

24TH JUNE 2023
____________________

Today is my first day as Beckers second in command and I'm super nervous. I have to meet him at the A.R.C today where they do the practice shooting, it seems like alot of our moments seem to be in there, but he wants to discuss all the rules. We've been texting on and off but I'm always working, never had time to grab that coffee. Even though we've not really spoke about that anymore. I have also seen him around the A.R.C but again always to busy to talk for more than two minutes. I still recall everyday his words 'You look beautiful' sends me shivers everytime I think about it. I wonder if I can open up about my past? Maybe only when I fully trust him.
I'm so nervous about this job i really want to do well.
I get changed into a grey jumper with a black vest top underneath. I also put on black jeans and a grey beanie hat and my converse.

I grab my phone and skateboard and head out the door and begin to skate to the A.R.C. I really need to retake my test, I love driving but I keep forgetting the basics when it comes to the test. It will be so much quicker than skating everywhere. I also need to catch up with Riley, we have spoken a little over the past few weeks, and she has apologised for how she spoke to me and I guess I understand. After her parents disappeared she has like separation anxiety, she gets overprotective incase someone walks out on her and never comes back. Tom has really helped her with it, bit she still over reacts over the smallest things. No matter what though I'll always be there for her, she's my best friend.

***

I arrive at the A.R.C and I head for the locker room, luckily Riley was already in there.

"Hey Riles." I said quietly.

"Hi" she simply.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just a rough couple of days" Riley said and I can see she's been crying. I quickly hug her.
"I can't loose any of you, your all I have" she sobbs.

"You are not going to loose me ever Riley. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere you are stuck with me" I reassured her.

"I'm so worried all the time with this job". She said and pulls away.

"If it's worrying you this much maybe this isn't the job for you?" I questioned and she gave me a worry kind of look. I think deep down she knows that but at the same time she loves the job.

"I might just stay off the field for a while, help with the animals they have here" she shrugged.

"Speak to Lester and he will help I'm sure of it" I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah I am thats why I'm here so early. Why are you?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you here so early?" She asks. Oh god!

"Crap! Riley I have to go but I'll text you later on" I said and I start to run to the back of the building where I was told to meet Becker.
I run bumping into loads of soldiers, but I don't say sorry. I'm too in a rush and I don't want Becker to be mad.

I arrive at the back of the building and Becker was leaning against a table with his arms crossed.

"Your late" he simply said and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.