♧ Hour 20 ♧

Three days later~

No text. No calls. I received nothing from Taehyung and it only made me worry more,as if I wasn't worried enough already.

Was he alright? Was he still crying? I wanted to be there for him, but there was absolutely nothing I could do.
I was too afraid to even text him,knowing well that he'd be with his family at this moment. I didn't want to be a bother.

I tossed the tin of coke into the bin when I heard my phone go off.

Hoping it was Taehyung, I ran towards it.

Incoming call : Jungkook

"Hello? " I received it in no time.

" Hey! Chae? "

" Yes, it's me" I pressed the phone closer to my ear.

"Yeah! Wear something presentable. Taehyung will pick you up soon" he sounded dull, and he ended the call before I could even respond.

Taehyung would pick me up?

I had a sick feeling about this. I swallowed the thick lump in my throat before picking something decent from my wardrobe, something not very colorful.

I had no idea what time Tae would show up, so I sat in the living room, waiting for the boy, desperate to see him again.

Knock knock!

I scrambled and almost tripped on my way to the door that was barely four feet away.

"Tae!" I smiled, pulling him into a hug without thinking twice. "I'm glad you're okay".

"Hmm . Let's go" he mumbled, almost emotionless.

I let go. Nodding, I made myself comfortable behind him on his motorbike, before we took off.

~~~

"Where are we going? " the tears in my eyes were threatening to spill as he led me towards the back of the hospital.

" I want you to meet someone " he spoke, voice almost a whisper.

I bit my lip, letting him lead the way. We stopped in front of a glass door, Taehyung's hand wrapped around mine tightly before he pushed it open.
I took a deep breath, blinking repeatedly to prevent the tears from spilling. Please don't cry, please.

"Only two at a time" the nurse's voice grabbed our attention fully for a brief second before I turned to look at the only bed in the ward.

There she lied. White hair, fair skin, covered in white sheets, a needle piercing her vein. The wrinkles and folds of skin were so pronounced it was hard to tell what granny must have looked like as a young woman. But her slightly resembled Taehyung or should I say, Taehyung resembled her.

"Gran" he placed a hand lightly on her shoulder and she opened her eyes.

A huge wave of relief washed over me. She was alive.

"This is Chae" he smiled, the big boxy grin I hadn't seen in days.

Her eyes shifted to my face as I smiled down at her. Those orbs behind drooping eye lids lit up in no time, making me want to crush her in a hug.

Her hand extended towards mine and I immediately grabbed it.

"Took you long enough" she glared at Tae, making me giggle.

"Hello sweetheart" she smiled and oh she was so so much like him.

I greeted her back. Scooting closer, "It's a pleasure to meet you" I spoke.

"Oh the pleasure is mine! This kid wouldn't shut up about you! "she glared at him again.

I spared him a glance before looking back at her. "How're you feeling now?" I asked.

"As healthy as a horse, girl" she said proudly, "Infact, it wasn't anything serious. But Taehyung is very concerned about my health so-"  she trailed off.

Taehyung left to get her some fresh fruit juice and I helped her sit up and lean back against the thick pillows before we began bonding.

It was only after talking for a while that I figured, she had fainted in the kitchen due to severe drop in blood pressure and was left unattended for nearly an hour. It was when Namjoon showed up to deliver the groceries she had asked him to get, that he noticed her laying there, cold and barely alive. Call it luck or Taehyung's love towards her, she survived.

"Our Taehyungie is a sweetheart isn't he? " she asked, for the n'th time.

" Yes, he totally is" I laughed, "he's also an idiot. He didn't inform me about you and I was really worried about him"  I added.

"I'm sorry I kept him away from you for two days. Two?  Or was it three? "she paused, "three days right?".

"Yes, and  no, please.. He is your grandson, you can do whatever you want with him" i brushed my fingers against the back of her hand.

Memories of Taehyung and I, running around; granny- stopping us, to hand us a cupcake each before we ran off again, flashed before my eyes and I held her hands closer to me.

"You've changed a lot since the last time I saw you " I commented.

" You aren't the one to say Chae. You were like, ten, when I last saw you. Look how much you've grown" she raised her brows making me laugh.

"Am I interrupting something? " a deep voice bounced off the walls, and we both knew who it was.

I turned to look at Taehyung, while granny replied, "Yes, get lost".

"Oh okay then" he turned to leave.

"Give me my juice and then get lost " she giggled, her voice breaking a little but not less adorable.

The boy laughed in response as he entered the room before handing her a medium sized cup full of watermelon juice. It was extremely heartwarming how close the two were and I felt so accepted and loved around them even when all I did was just sit there and talk.

She took a sip, " Why do people drink watermelon juice? It's basically just all water, isn't it?".

I nodded before giving a shrug.

"You should've got me some milkshake " she looked up at Taehyung only to have him roll his eyes at her.

^^^

I didn't want what happened irl to happen in my book soo <3
Tell me wut you think about this chap ^.^