Chapter 1: The Boy Who Sat Alone

"Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine." ~Taylor Swift

It was another bright day on the playground at recess. She was optimistic with a bright personality, but she lived her life her own way. He was shy and intelligent, but always hid away.

She was looking around the metal equipment but stopped when she heard a small "Clicking" noise from under the slides. "Clink...clank..." She crawled under to find a boy sitting alone with a small piece of machinery in his hands. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes, which were hidden behind a pair of glasses, that were completely focused on the task at hand.

"Hey what's that?!" The girl asked from behind him as she watched.

The boy jumped and turned. "A-ah! Wh-when did you... h-how did you... find me...?"

"I heard the sound of metal and got here a few minutes ago. So are you gonna tell me what you've got there?" The girl inquired.

They boy handed it to her slowly. It looked to be an interior of a small car. "I-I've been working on it for a-a while...I-I'm sorry you probably don't actually c-care..."

"What? This is amazing! You really built this!! Sure I don't know much about how the little engine works but I see this and think, 'wow this kid who made this is very special.'" She smiles and hands it back to him.

"I-I'm not special..."

"Okay, 'I'm not special,' my name is (Y/N) ."

The boy blinked and shook his head. "W-what? I'm not sure I-I follow..."

(Y/N) laughed and took the boy's hand in hers. I'm trying to introduce myself to you. Now is when you tell me your name."

"K-Kazuichi, it's Kazuichi..."

"Well Kazuichi it's nice to meet ya! You look a little lonely so I'll tell you something awesome!"

"W-what..?" He asks nervously.

"From today on we are going to be friends!"

"F-Friends...I've never had one before..."

She smiles and stands. "Well now you do! By all the fourth grade powers I possess, (Y/N) and Kazuichi are now friends!" She giggles.

Kazuichi stands weakly. "You really mean it?"

"Of course! I'd never lie about something so important."

The bell rings calling all the kids to go back into class. (Y/N) smiles and motions for Kazuichi to follow. She begins walking. All he can do is stand in awe. He questions to himself if this is real, and wonders if a friend is really what he needs.
"Kazu, are you coming?"

"Kazu?"

"It's a cute little nickname for you. Are you okay with that?"

"Y-yeah." He smiles to himself and catches up to the girl with (H/S) (H/C) and (E/C).

Our story begins with the two's first encounter. From that day on they became inseparable. They would hang out at (Y/N's) house and at school. They ventured through elementary and middle school with ease. They were the best of friends and for once in his life, the boy who sat alone had someone important whom he called a friend.